Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sumitomo's vs Falken vs Kumho

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ddelallata
what's wrong with Sumitomos? I've had mine for almost two years and they have performed really well with my Z06 wheels (17/18).
those tires are actually terrible... they hydroplane, have terrible treadlife, and they really dont grip as well as a soft compounded tire like that should... that being said, they were still leaps and bounds better then my 58 dollar kumhoes. those hated rain and couldnt even stick to glue. they did last a long time though (unfortunately)

now, i recently had the extreme pleasure of driving my buddies GTi with Falken Azenis tires on them in the rain. holy cow they were amazing. they gripped like glue even in the rain. i then took them out in the dry and was even further impressed. they were rated the best autocross tire by Grassroots Motorsports. they are priced great too. i will be buying a set for my new wheels come spring time
Old 01-01-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be ok with the Nitto DR's and a stock rear end. I break mine loose easily. I know better than to heat them up and try it though, my rear makes a little noise already.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd rather have a nitto DR than a Sumitomo. From what i've seen, they last about the same but some can hook on nitto's. I run 555's on the front and 555r's out back. I dont think i'll ever run a nother tire on my car as far as street ues goes.

Quick Reply: Sumitomo's vs Falken vs Kumho