Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

17 x 9.8 and 17 x 11 TTII's

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay boys and girls.....for all of you that have posted on this topic, my thanks is extended and now, some pictures of the new wheels freshly mounted up today!!!! 17x9.5 front and 17x11 rear......these pictures are horrible and ill take better ones tomorrow i just snapped a few tonight to get them up...enjoy!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's nice looking, just be warned about those HTR-Z's. Once they start to get half way down, think about replacing them. The compound gets very hard and the car will skate around in the wet and not stop well in the dry. No joke.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

thats what ive heard....the performance shop i ordered them through, the guy told me that they were a really good sticky tire and that they would last while soo i just kind of took his word. Like i said im new to buying these kind of tires im used to tuner tires so i wasnt sure what to look for.....any recommendations for next time?!? and thank you sir
Old 01-22-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

The Nitto 555RII on the front can't be beat, but the GSD3's are good as well. The RII is a bit stiffer than the GSD3. I use the Nitto up front, GSD3 on the rear. Good 315's just aren't cheap, sadly. The GSD3 is also good on the front and cheaper, but I felt they were too soft as I'm very picky, but most folks like them fine.

Both the Nitto 555R drag and 555RII are great tires and stick even once bald. Same for the GSD3's. In the rain also, you just have to watch out for puddles. A sticky bald tire and standing water are not good.

There's other good tires out there as well, but they may not have the grip of these two.

I will tell you, since I got these better tires I have not had to turn my traction control on in the wet once. They are just grippy and predictable. The HTR-Z's on the other hand can break loose when you least expect it.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

JasonWW i saw your pictures of your cars riding height....what springs/shocks did you use to acheive the 26" front and 26.25" rear??
Old 01-22-2007, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

grrr the nitto 555RII is what i was thinking about going with to begin with...I guess ill just wait until these wear themselves down and replace with those!!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fortheluckyones
grrr the nitto 555RII is what i was thinking about going with to begin with...I guess ill just wait until these wear themselves down and replace with those!!
They only make the RII in 275, not 315. For the 315 you have to get the softer sidewalled drag radial. It's a good tire as well, but high speed stabilty isn't quite as good. A rod ended PHR helps, though. Tha's why I went with the RII up front and GSD3 rear. The GSD3 is a bit stiffer than the drag and makes the car respond to steering input quicker. Still, it's pretty miner for most people. They are all good, though the Nitto's are cheaper. BTW, I get the same tire wear out of both.

Originally Posted by Hawk108
JasonWW i saw your pictures of your cars riding height....what springs/shocks did you use to acheive the 26" front and 26.25" rear??
Ground Control coilover conversion (550lb springs) for unlimited ride height adjustment up front and custom modded factory rear springs (160lb) also for unlimited ride height adjustment and spring rate.

Oh yea, the shocks don't effect the ride height, but they are the Koni SA all around.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

okay okay so then the GSD3 in the rear.....how much did those run you for the pair of rears??
Old 01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fortheluckyones
okay okay so then the GSD3 in the rear.....how much did those run you for the pair of rears??
About $600 total with mounting and balancing. The drag radial is a good tire as well, don't get me wrong. They are under $400 installed. Your still a long way from needing new ones, though.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i know shocks dont effect ride height.....i was just wondering if it was possibly te koni sa w/ heater hose and lower perch mod.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hawk108
yea i know shocks dont effect ride height.....i was just wondering if it was possibly te koni sa w/ heater hose and lower perch mod.
Naa. I like having full control. Sometimes springs don't sit even from left to right. Even the factory springs are slighlty taller on the drivers side. I can set to whatever I want. I've tried a few different heights, even had it in the weeds (literally ).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../jasonww21.jpg

Quick Reply: 17 x 9.8 and 17 x 11 TTII's