Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Polish Sealant......

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Polish Sealant......

I have searched around to no avail, I don't believe there is a sure answer as to which is the best, or even what works, and for how long. I have heard of a few sealants like Zoop Seal, Poor Boys Wheel Sealant, Zaino, and a few others.....

My question is.......which one works??????!?!?!?

I live in an area where there is a ton of rain, weather changes, and I live on a dirt road.........I NEED AS MUCH PROTECTION AS I CAN GET.

I just bought Polished TTII's, and I have all winter to seal them up. I'm just looking to do it the right way the first time. Any info is greatly appreciated (preferably personal experience!!!)

Thanks again guys,

James
Old 01-09-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just put Zoop Seal on my CCW wheels. The application of it is very simple, but time consuming. It runs about $95 for the junior kit, but there is enough in a junior kit to do 3 sets of wheels probably. I really haven't had it on long to see how it holds up to the test of time, but everything I have seen so far from it has been impressive and as described. I hope this helps you some.

Preston
Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've not been able to find anything in the way of wheel waxes that were worth a damn...they still spotted up and stained on my CCWs. I never tried Zoop Seal, but I'm probably going to be going a different direction, so I have no intent to try it at this point.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

from what ive seen, you just have to polish them every two weeks religiously if you want to maintain them
Old 01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cjmatt
from what ive seen, you just have to polish them every two weeks religiously if you want to maintain them
I'd agree, and would say you might have to polish them even more often depending on where you live. In Florida, my wheels wouldn't go a week before they'd start to stain (afternoon rain storms were the norm in the summer).
Old 01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just used my tropi-care polish that I used for the paint. I would polish the wheels real often though so the polish always worked well enough
Old 01-09-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Y2K Pewter SS
I just put Zoop Seal on my CCW wheels. The application of it is very simple, but time consuming. It runs about $95 for the junior kit, but there is enough in a junior kit to do 3 sets of wheels probably. I really haven't had it on long to see how it holds up to the test of time, but everything I have seen so far from it has been impressive and as described. I hope this helps you some.

Preston
Cool man, well keep me informed about how well it performs. My car is in storage for the winter so I have quite a while until I really need to seal them. I was just wanting to do it now, so I can put INFINITE coats on LOL j/k....
Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

on all of my polished wheels, ive polished them every two weeks and waxed them right after and the week inbetween
Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

bump for a good cause
Old 01-10-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by firebirdman469
Cool man, well keep me informed about how well it performs. My car is in storage for the winter so I have quite a while until I really need to seal them. I was just wanting to do it now, so I can put INFINITE coats on LOL j/k....
Will do, mine is a garage queen/sunny day warrior and I am very meticulous about it as well. Even with the Zoop coating I will probably be constantly polishing them as well. Cheap extra insurance for a huge investment is how I looked at the Zoop.