Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

pics of rolled fenders

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of rolled fenders

does anyone have pics of rolled fenders, how much does this move the fender out. i have mt 325 on 15x10 and they stick out about 2in, also what is the deal with moving the fender out with the adj panhard bar. how does it move it out if it is attached to the axle. may be a dumb question but won't would never know unless i asked it.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barthowell
does anyone have pics of rolled fenders, how much does this move the fender out. i have mt 325 on 15x10 and they stick out about 2in, also what is the deal with moving the fender out with the adj panhard bar. how does it move it out if it is attached to the axle. may be a dumb question but won't would never know unless i asked it.

Rolling the fender doesn't move it out. It flattens the inner lip. This allows the wider tire to travel higher into the well before making contact.

The adjustable panhard is to center the rear to the car. This way clearance is the same in each well.

I rolled mine flat ( around 10-2 o'clock position) but it still "just" rubbed on hard launches so I put in a 1/4" flare. Bumpstops are still in but I cut off around 1/4-3/8" off the edge. Just enough so the tire/rim won't catch when the car is on a lift. Yeah the paint cracked. Didn't have a heat gun and 25-30 degrees out. Not the optimal circumstances to do it in but the paint needed touched up anyway.

Did a little on the inner part of the well in the front. No issues on the DR's front to back because they don't grow.

When I put the 28x13.5" Hoosier QTP's on I needed to do a little more on the inner well because it would slightly rub going around turns due to the softer sidewall. Also had to slightly bend over the edge of the rocker just in front of the tire. At the big end of the track the tire grooved slightly because of tire growth.

MT 325-50-15's on 15x9.75 Bogart. Not sure on the backspacing. It's whatever the standard spec Bogart/SJM use for the f-body.

Last edited by SSmokin 01; 01-11-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Quick Reply: pics of rolled fenders