Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Would these Challenge wheels even work on my SS????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would these Challenge wheels even work on my SS????

May change the wheels on my SS. Was thinking the traditional kind of 5 spoke ish look. However, I forgot how much I like the Challenge type of wheels as I rarely see those cars racing. Just forgot about em.

Was looking on ebay and stumbled on these. Wondering if they'd even fit. Not sure what tire sizes are available either. Just starting to look into wheels.

Here they are:

CHALLENGE Wheels Forged Design

Size (front) 19x8.5
Size (rear) 19x10
Condition New never been mounted
Finish PLATINUM SILVER
Offset F 35MM-35MM-R
Bolt Pattern 5x120
Includes Caps
Manufactured MODULARWHEELS

I realize the 120mm pattern is an issue for debate. I searched, so its in my mind. I believe these are available for vettes as well so there are obviously some out there with the correct bolt pattern.

Bolt pattern aside, I'm just wondering how they'd fit in realation to the outer wheel well opening.

I read the sticky, and even posted there. My brain is just still really used to thinking in terms of backspacing not offsets.

I'm not even sure what that offset listing is saying actually. Contacted the seller for clarification, and am waiting for a reply.

Thanks for any help/input..........
Old 01-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Offset F 35MM-35MM-R

What?

I take that to mean one of two things. The fronts are a positive 35mm and the rears are either also a positive 35mm or the dash means they are a negative. Really unclear to me on the rears.

Then, how do I convert the mm offsets to inchs so I can calculate that to a backspace measurement so it makes sense to me and gives me a number that I can actually work with when looking at my car.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Per PM request, heres the one ebay auction link I spotted. There are others on ebay too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1788&rd=1&rd=1

Manufacturer: MODULARWHEELS

http://hlwcorp.com/
Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

On the manufacturers website they have the same thing called a Corvette Competition 19. So, theres one with the correct 4.750" pattern and it says standard offset 47.

Not sure how that different offset affects the cool deep wheel lip appearance. Certainly must take away from it some. If I'm understanding this offset stuff that moves the wheel inward more (deeper backspace). How much backspace that equals, .........not sure.......haven't gotten that clear of an understanding yet. If the offset numbers where just in inchs it'd sure make it easier for me to figure out.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Launching!

I was also looking at these.......

4 Brand New 19" Staggered Size: Two 19x8.5" (38mm offset) and Two 19x9.5" (45mm offset) Koya HATO Wheels. They come standard without the beemer center cap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1294&rd=1&rd=1

My SS is black, so some wheels with some black might not look to bad based on pics I'vd spotted. I actually wish some of these black center looks had the colors flipped with the center being whatever silver or polished and the rim itself being black. Sortof the effect of the C6 ZO6 black with machined spoke wheels. They would look pretty sick on anything.