Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How hard are polished wheels to keep shining??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ
Or... Get the polised wheels dipped...
Prolly $100 bux a rim maybe more
Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude who has the money for 2 set of wheels on their car????? Ummmm well maybe you do but I am doing good to have 1 set!!! hahahaha I am a po boy.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deadbydawn421
Dude who has the money for 2 set of wheels on their car????? Ummmm well maybe you do but I am doing good to have 1 set!!! hahahaha I am a po boy.
It can be done...you just have to prioritize. I eat lots of hot dogs, and kept my chrome 17" ZR1s wrapped in snow tires for my winter driving duties.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
So, would you guys who say you wouldn't buy polished again rather have went with chrome if you wanted to keep the same look?

I can't fathom spending 30 min to an hour per rim!

What made you decide to go with polished over chrome in the first place? Sorry, I'm sure that's a newb question.
I went with polished over chrome to begin with because of the extra expense of having something chromed (plus the extra wait time). I convinced myself that it couldn't possibly be that bad to take care of a polished wheel. I was wrong, no doubt about it. If I had to do it all over again, I would have had them chromed from the get-go. The wheels you see in my sig will once again be my daily driven wheels...AFTER they get chromed this spring. I wouldn't trade the look for anything though (wheel style).