Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

may be getting rims for free!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default may be getting rims for free!!

Hey I'm really excited so I just had to share! I may be getting some c5 corvette wheels 17" and 18" with the thin 5 spokes in silver for free! The story is that my boss bought his son (who just turned 16) a 95 z28 m6 with all bolt ons pretty much i think. When he bought it I told him it would be wrecked within the first month. It turns out i was wrong he wrecked it after 4 days!! supposedly one of his friends passed him and he floored it to get back and the back end came around and he ran into a parked car. so I asked my boss if i could swap the wheels and tires from our cars and he says ok we can probably do that. I offered to give him a little cash because he would be getting the ugly (in my opinion) stock 16" 'swirl' formula wheels. he refused and said he wasn't looking to make any money. So basically because my boss and his son are idiots i get free corvette wheels
Old 04-04-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn. that would be nice. another reason why 16 year olds should not be drivin fbodies. what a moron. i used to beg my father for a camaro when i was 16 and I didnt get one until I was 19 and now i know exactly why he didnt buy me one.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=. I offered to give him a little cash because he would be getting the ugly (in my opinion) stock 16" 'swirl' formula wheels. he refused and said he wasn't looking to make any money. So basically because my boss and his son are idiots and I get free corvette wheels [/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd call your boss an "idiot" seeing how you work for him and he's nice enough to trade you the wheels for no money.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EVILWS6
I don't know if I'd call your boss an "idiot" seeing how you work for him and he's nice enough to trade you the wheels for no money.
trust me. I'm a mechanic and he is the service manager at our shop. The only thing he knows how to do is change oil. Most of the time when i find something that needs to be fixed he has no idea what i'm talking about.Usually it takes me 15 minutes to explain the parts I need and then he stills screws it up. it's very frustating.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Yahelou
damn. that would be nice. another reason why 16 year olds should not be drivin fbodies. what a moron. i used to beg my father for a camaro when i was 16 and I didnt get one until I was 19 and now i know exactly why he didnt buy me one.
I had mine at 16 damn it lol...although it's only an LT1

Thats an awesome deal man...hope it all works out.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

yea, i would've been dead at 16 with my M6 LS1. I got mine when i was still only 17. Even then i realized that i would've totalled it at 16. I'm 19 now and finally have the respect for the power.

But wow sweet *** deal on the rims!! Maybe i should post up a similar offer in the parts wanted section. --- Will make even trade - stock 16" Z28 rims for your TT2's!!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PunkerPontiac
So basically because my boss and his son are idiots i get free corvette wheels
good for you buddy
Old 04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got my c5 rims for free though i got the wagon wheels. but their free . my NCOIC in the army when i was still in bought a c6 vette and he still had his stock rims from his c5 so he gave them to me.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

my first car was a 95 Z28 that I bought for 4500 my dad helped me he gave me 1000 on top of my money, and I didn't wreck it, I sold it and bought a 99 T/A when I was 17 and after 1 payment on it a 19 year old girl T-boned me going 50 when I was turning... but all my friends when they were 16 got some nice *** cars and wrecked them after a month...