Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Republic Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Republic Tires?

I've been shopping around for new tires for my SS. I've got pricing from the big players - Firestone, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin, etc. The Goodyear store carries a Kelly series of Republic performance tires that are quite a bit cheaper than the major brands. The Goodyear guy recommended going with the Republic Fierce UHP tire as it has similar spec's to the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3.

Does anyone have any experience with the Fierce UHP tires?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

i sell those tires where i work, they're actually Kelly tires (they're all owned by goodyear so it doesn't really matter). they are good tires for the price, but i wouldn't put them anywhere near the f1 gs d3 though. the tread may look somewhat similar, but they won't perform as well because they'll have different rubber compounds, and construction. they're still an awesome tire and i'm going to run them on the front of my car this summer. don't bother ever trying to use them in the snow up there at all though. you won't move. pricing tires is just like everything else, you get what you pay for and that is why there's a huge difference in price between the f1's and the fierce tires. as far as bang for the buck, if you aren't trying to go broke, go for them. you won't be disappointed.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply. The SS is my summer driver, so no worries about snow. I've always felt you usually get what you pay for, and I was concerned about the quality of the less expensive Fierce tires.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JohnS
Thanks for the reply. The SS is my summer driver, so no worries about snow. I've always felt you usually get what you pay for, and I was concerned about the quality of the less expensive Fierce tires.
they're still a good quality tire, and a good performing tire, but not like the f1's. there aren't too many tires that will compare to them that aren't the same or greater in price so if someone would be expecting f1 performance they'd be disappointed. one thing that kinda supports that is the utqg rating. the f1's are 280 i believe and the fierce is 420, which means it will wear longer, and is harder, which won't perform as well as far as performance.
i've seen a few tire sales people try to put these off as being the same as f1's and most people believe them because they look similar.