Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Who's running 19's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
19s =
Strong words coming from a guy with an avatar showing two men fighting..... now thats uber gay!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually think those 20" Z06's are pretty good looking on that car.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

19's ???

Old 06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

19s =
if 19s are gay, then im proud of it. and just to show my pride, heres some "gay" pictures.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Hey Torch,

Those wheels look great! Are they volcano's? What is the offset and what size/brand of tires do you have?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:12 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Strong words coming from a guy with an avatar showing two men fighting..... now thats uber gay!!!!
What's more manly than knocking someone unconscious with your fists? Riding around with ridiculously large wheels with almost no sidewall?

Originally Posted by Yahelou
Im proud of it. and just to show my pride, heres some "gay" pictures.
Sig material
Old 06-01-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

19s =

i don't think it's gay, but i think it's stupid. the corvette have 18+ inch wheels b/c they have slightly larger brakes to compensate for the extra rotating mass and they already are 150lbs lighter than f-bodies so it doesn't effect their gas mileage. unless you put a larger brake kit on your car, you're wasting up your brake pads. i wouldn't go larger than 17 for stock f-body brakes.
by putting 19+ inch wheels on your car, you're wasting gas and hp and also losing accleration, but hey.. it's your car and your money, do whatever you want. just remember your race and that your car is a muscle car!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha. im in someones sig, i dont know if thats a good thing tho. at least if ur gonna put me in ur sig, then put the whole quote and dont cut out the important part.
most ppl think that 19s are worthless, but u cant say anything until u put them on ur car and drive them everyday. when i first bought them i was kind of worried, but they have gone beyond what i expected them to be. but like ultra z said, it is our cars and we can do whatever the hell we fell like doin to them. hell if i wanted to drive around with no wheels on, i would do it, cuz its MY CAR.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

What's more manly than knocking someone unconscious with your fists? Riding around with ridiculously large wheels with almost no sidewall?

Yeah right...I bet looking those fighters turns you on huh??? GAY!!!!

Judging by those two cars you have there no wonder you hate people with damn good looking cars.....dont hate what YOU cant afford...loser...

:jester:
Old 06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by FU_I_AM_UltraZ
i don't think it's gay, but i think it's stupid. the corvette have 18+ inch wheels b/c they have slightly larger brakes to compensate for the extra rotating mass and they already are 150lbs lighter than f-bodies so it doesn't effect their gas mileage. unless you put a larger brake kit on your car, you're wasting up your brake pads. i wouldn't go larger than 17 for stock f-body brakes.
by putting 19+ inch wheels on your car, you're wasting gas and hp and also losing accleration, but hey.. it's your car and your money, do whatever you want. just remember your race and that your car is a muscle car!!!
That's pretty much my point exactly. It's pretty much pointless except for the looks factor. You can have wheels that look nice and still have excellent performance potential too.

Example:

18x12 with a 345/30/18

Old 06-01-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Your joking right??? Look at those wheels!!! The stick out almost an inch!!!! No wonder....Please get a better example....there are really good 315 out there...that actually fit!!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chaman
Your joking right??? Look at those wheels!!! The stick out almost an inch!!!! No wonder....Please get a better example....there are really good 315 out there...that actually fit!!
i gotta agree. those are ugly as ****. they stick out way too much. it looks like one of those cars that mexicans drive where the wheels stick it out about a quarter of a mile. that totally explains why u think 19s are gay, cuz u got no sense of what looks good on these cars.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

also, some brake kits wont fit on wheels with that big of a lip.. if our wheels have a big lip they usually arent wide....

on the other hand.. most of those cars with 19s have been done tastefully and i feel look good although personally i like wider better so i feel 18s are perfect because you can have the best of both worlds.. i run 18s with 315s and no rubbing 58mm offset with 1/4 in spacer.. rt-615 tires.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Another 18x12 with a 345/30/18

PS: Those other ones were pre narrowed rear

Originally Posted by carado1984
also, some brake kits wont fit on wheels with that big of a lip.. if our wheels have a big lip they usually arent wide....
Chaman and Yahelou how wide are your wheels?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Are you guys really fighting over one inch? I could understand if it were ***** size or something... but come on now.

It is mostly about looks, but what's wrong with that? Just because some of us don't care to run a tire so wide in the back that our cars only do circles in the rain, doesn't mean we're gay or stupid. I'm perfectly happy with 275's on the rear, I don't really feel like ripping my 10 bolt out again. I still have the stock rotor size (although they're baer rotors)... and I'm going to switch it out to 19's mostly for the appearance of it. All of you with 19's have beautiful cars, and I really think these pics are great... my mind is definitely set. Now if only they had TTM's or Foose Nitrous in 19's...
Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 AM
TECH Resident

Jer4251 :
I love that Red SS with those wheels! If it was me I would have them in a 19" rather than the 20" but it still looks sweet. beautiful cars!

19torch99 :
Beautiful T/A! Are those General Exclaim UHP's that you are running?

Lots of great looking cars in here guys!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

19s =
There is always someone like this on tech....Here are my "non gay, sweet looking" 19's. Just a few pics of many to justify.
[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
Jer4251 :
I love that Red SS with those wheels! If it was me I would have them in a 19" rather than the 20" but it still looks sweet. beautiful cars!

19torch99 :
Beautiful T/A! Are those General Exclaim UHP's that you are running?

Lots of great looking cars in here guys!
Thanks for the compliment! And yes, they are indeed General's. I ended up spending WAY more than I wanted to on my wheels, so I had to go budget on the tires. So far I'm extremely happy with them, feels like they are an extremely good tire for the price. And getting 10% each tire for being a member of ls1tech wasn't bad at all either
Old 06-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Launching!

it's your car and your money, do whatever you want. just remember your race and that your car is a muscle car!!!
and what race would that be?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

It's not an F-Body, but it's close and its on 19s. And FWIW they are lighter than the stock 17s so I actually improved acceleration and braking. And maybe some of us want bigger wheels to accomadate a bigger brake kit in the future too? I'm sure the Porsche, Ferrarri, and Lamborghini engineers are retarded too for putting 19" and 20" wheels on their vehicles right? Probably better to get your facts straight before posting nonsense like this. In the time it took you to get your foot that far down your throat you could have asked what these guys' wheels weigh or what their future plans for their cars might be instead of assuming things.

Quick Reply: Who's running 19's?