Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Another tire thread!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another tire thread!

Hey guys well I have a little bit of a problem. I need new tires and I was wondering which of the following two you would suggest. I never drive my car in the rain, and I may put about 600-1200 miles on my car a year, so without anymore waiting here are the two tires.

1) The BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 (KDW for Key feature: Dry and Wet traction, the “2” is our addition and identifies that this is the second generation g-Force T/A KDW) is the Ultra High Performance Summer tire that was developed to provide a blend of a dramatic-looking, ultra high performance tread design with superior dry and wet road performance. The BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 is available in sizes for drivers of the world's hottest sports cars, coupes, sedans and light trucks. Like all summer tires, g-Force T/A KDW-2 tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The g-Force T/A KDW-2 features large tread blocks to enhance dry road stability, handling and wear under high torque loads, while rounded shoulder profiles help provide feedback for the driver by communicating the tire's progressive and predictable characteristics as they reach their limits of adhesion. A silica-reinforced tread compound with wide circumferential and lateral grooves form a directional tread design to speed water evacuation, improve wet traction and reduce the risk of hydroplaning. Internally, the twin steel belts are reinforced by BFGoodrich's ETEC (Equal TEnsion Containment) System which uses spirally wound nylon strips to provide excellent strength, consistent footprint pressure and maximum contact area under Y-speed rated conditions while it reduces weight and helps provide more uniform ride quality. The g-Force T/A KDW-2 tires feature g-Control sidewall inserts to resist deflection and generate cornering force while rim protector ribs help protect alloy wheels from curb damage.

OR

2) The BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW ("KDW" for Key feature: Dry and Wet traction) is the Ultra High Performance Summer tire that was developed to provide a blend of superior dry and wet road performance. The BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW is available in sizes for the drivers of the world's hottest sports cars, coupes and sedans. The g-Force T/A KDW is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The g-Force T/A KDW features large tread blocks to enhance dry road stability, handling and wear under high torque loads, while rounded shoulder profiles help provide feedback for the driver which communicates the tire's progressive and predictable characteristics as they reach their limits of adhesion. A silica-reinforced tread compound with wide circumferential and lateral grooves form a directional tread design to speed water evacuation, improved wet traction and reduce the risk of hydroplaning. This basic tread design technology is shared with the g-Force T/A radial racing rain tires used in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Trans Am Series. Internally, the twin steel belts are reinforced by BFGoodrich's ETEC (Equal TEnsion Containment) System which uses spirally wound nylon strips to provide excellent strength, consistent footprint pressure and maximum contact area while it reduces weight and helps provide more uniform ride quality. The g-Force T/A KDW tires feature g-Control sidewall inserts to resist deflection and generate cornering force while rim protector ribs help protect alloy wheels from curb damage.

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW (Ultra High

Search this Thread