Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Hub Centric rings

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:51 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hub Centric rings

How tight should hub rings fit? I have the AR Rebel wheels and just put plastic hub centric rings on and they fit really tight. I put the ring on the hub of the car and then slid the wheel on and the wheel does not slide over the ring meaning that I have to install the lug nuts then by tightening the lug nuts to pull the rim over the ring/hub. Is this normal for plastic hub rings? These are the rings that American racing said fit the car/wheel.

Also I have the usual surface rust on the hub of the car which I might try to remove and see of that makes a difference.

Also how important are the hub rings say if the car does not shake? Is it ok to have the weight of the car supported on the studs instead of the hub? (sorry for the newb questions)

Thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Insert the rings into the rims, then push the rims with the rings onto the hub. remove the rust and apply a small amount of grease on the ring and hub so it slides easily.... you should not have to use the lug nuts to pull the rim onto the hub.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by plopp
Insert the rings into the rims, then push the rims with the rings onto the hub. remove the rust and apply a small amount of grease on the ring and hub so it slides easily.... you should not have to use the lug nuts to pull the rim onto the hub.
I did put the ring in the wheel first on one of the other wheels with the same results. I'll remove the rust then try again. Hopefully I have not trashed both of the rings.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws6pewter
I did put the ring in the wheel first on one of the other wheels with the same results. I'll remove the rust then try again. Hopefully I have not trashed both of the rings.

Thanks
I have the Rebels with no rings and no problems at all.Does your car shake?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
I have the Rebels with no rings and no problems at all.Does your car shake?
I though in previous posts you were concerned because your car was shaking after you put on the new wheels???

Anyway mine has a steering wheel shimmy. I don't think its the wheels or tires because it was doing it some before I put them on. I just decided that I would put the rings on since they were free when I bought the wheels and since the car is supposed to have hub centric wheels it will not hurt anything.

Quick Reply: Hub Centric rings