Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

when does daily driving ur drag rims become dangerous? (how much daily driving?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I asked this a while ago, but didn't get an answer. Can you build a 15 x 12 with a 4 inch backspacing that will hold up to the rigors of DDing?
??????
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the danger of running a 165 radial on front skinnies? My front runners do say not for street use, but the rears do not. Maybe there is something different in the material thickness or overall design?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I asked this a while ago, but didn't get an answer. Can you build a 15 x 12 with a 4 inch backspacing that will hold up to the rigors of DDing?
I can build you a setup that would be much much stronger then a drag setup. I cannot though build them for a customer at weld's 300.00 economy style wheels which they punch out in mass numbers.

Call me if you need more help. I don't read the boards all the time. Something like what you're requesting would be better suited via the phone, not e-mail, certainly not the boards.

1hotls1. We've had a few non-participating vendors suggest to use 165 radials for our wheels...(not from F-bodies). THere are the folks that we are seeing damage wheels.

I've answered the question in another post you mentioned a few seconds ago...to recap, they are generally not load rated, they are generally speed rated to 85mph, they are smaller then 26" diameter (some folks are using even down to 24.5") which effects your rollout, most importanly they are generally not rated for small skinny wheels. Stuffing on a wide tire on a skinny AND being a harder compound radial beats up skinny wheels placing a greater stress load on the bead area of the wheel.

Hope this helps
Old 06-28-2007, 12:01 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
I can build you a setup that would be much much stronger then a drag setup. I cannot though build them for a customer at weld's 300.00 economy style wheels which they punch out in mass numbers.

Call me if you need more help. I don't read the boards all the time. Something like what you're requesting would be better suited via the phone, not e-mail, certainly not the boards.

1hotls1. We've had a few non-participating vendors suggest to use 165 radials for our wheels...(not from F-bodies). THere are the folks that we are seeing damage wheels.

I've answered the question in another post you mentioned a few seconds ago...to recap, they are generally not load rated, they are generally speed rated to 85mph, they are smaller then 26" diameter (some folks are using even down to 24.5") which effects your rollout, most importanly they are generally not rated for small skinny wheels. Stuffing on a wide tire on a skinny AND being a harder compound radial beats up skinny wheels placing a greater stress load on the bead area of the wheel.

Hope this helps
That's what I like hearing. It's good to see actual facts rather than hearsay. I will give you a call when the time comes. Right now the mini-tubbing is on hold as my engine nuked itself in my driveway.

Quick Reply: when does daily driving ur drag rims become dangerous? (how much daily driving?)