Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Guys help me out on these 315's

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys help me out on these 315's

Im looking at getting the TTII's in a couple months and am not sure about what tires to go with. I am wanting to avoid the BFH if possible. I have been looking at the 315 Nitto DR's and the BFG's. I really like the BFG's but I've read that the Nitto's run narrower. I am wanting to keep from rubbing and I dont want my tires sticking out past the top of the fender well. Which would be the best way for me to go?? Also, how much narrower are we talking by going with the Nitto's??
Will I need to do any mods to the bumpstop?...and Ive also seen a few people talk about a panhard bar. What exactly is that and will I need it? BTW, I am at STOCK HEIGHT and am going to stay there. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

You wont need an adj PHB. They are used on lowered cars. When the car is lowered, it tends to "shift" the rear end to one side and one of the wheels will stick out further then the other. You use the adj PHB to re-center the rear.
Since your at stock height, you likely wont need to do the BFH mod. Obviously you'll have a better chance of not needing to if you get the nittos. I believe there is about a 1inch difference. I think the bfgs are ~12in and the nittos are ~11in. Ive owned both but never measured. Im sure someone will come on here and post a link to a chart with the exact measurements. You'll only know if you need the BFH mod after the wheels are installed. Every car is different. But IMO you wont need to.
Also, I recommend keeping the bump stop on. Just lift the car from the rear end. and you'll be fine.
hope this helps.
goodluck.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Launching!

So overall, the BFG's will stick out more than the Nitto's and I have a better possibility of needing the BFH?? The Nitto's will be considerably wider than the stock 275's right? And on the front, would I be ahead to look at a 285 Nitto for the front since they tend to run narrower?

Also, when you put the wheels on, do you jack the car up from the rear axle and will the 11" rims affect things when you take your car to the shop and they put it on a lift?? Thanks again
Old 07-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Come on help me out a lil more.....
Old 07-01-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya, you'll have a better possibility of needing the BFH. The 315 nittos arent much wider then other 275s. 285 nittos would work. Im assuming you're putting them on 17x9.5s?

and ya. the tires will likely hit the bump stops when on a shop lift. bc the tires will droop. but then again. the 315 nittos are pretty damn thin. So they might not hit. I would personally go with the 315 BFG DRs. No reason to get 11's with skinny 315s. The BFH mod isnt a big deal.