Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

any way to fix curb rim?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any way to fix curb rim?

well like it says i curbed my rim pretty bad, is there any way to sand it down an polish it or am i screwed. what pisted me off the most was that it was the one time i parked close to the curb. usually im about a foot away.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know this as well. I just got new Torq Thrust M's about 2 months ago. Last Sunday, I was turning a corner, and I guess I cut it close, cause the car bumbed up on the passenger side. I stopped and looked at the wheel, and there is now a 3" long curb rash on it. Pissed me off totally, cause I'm never that careless, and now that wheel looks like crap. If I can't find a way to fix it, I'm just going to have to shell out the bucks to replace it.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks man. I did the same thing a few years ago with some zo6 motorsport rims when they first came out. Go to the hardware store and get coarse emery cloth. It comes in different grits and it's basically a heavy duty sandpaper for metals. It will help at least smooth the rash. From there you can go to higher grits (200 then 400) sandpaper, then try to polish it to help make it not so obvious.

Quick Reply: any way to fix curb rim?