Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

KD's vs. KDW2's

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question KD's vs. KDW2's

Here's my delema....
I currently have KD's & they are getting up there in mileage & it's getting close to needing to replace them. I'm also looking at the possibly of getting a set of 18" Privat wheels & the KD doesn't seem to be avalible in a 275/35/18 anywhere that I've found.

Now, I love my KD's & every aspect of them up to this point (15K miles). My car is NEVER driven in the rain & dry traction is the only aspect that is important to me in a tire. My question is, will the KDW's be enough of a drop in performance for me to notice on a daily basis & will I be happy enough with them as a replacement? Or should I just keep my ZR1's & get another set of the KD's?

I don't autocross the car or even go to the track much, but I drive the car hard everytime I take it out & I don't want to be spinning the tires anymore than I already am. My car is only lightly modded & my suspension has just about everything I can put on it, but unless I'm on concrete, I'm spinning all the way through first gear.

Has anyone had experience with both tires?

Shay
Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would probably spin just a little more, however you would gain in the wet traction department. I love my KD's....great traction for lightly modded cars and awesome cornering for any.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do too. It's almost enough for me not to change the wheels to be ale to stay with them as apposed to trying the KDW's.

One option that I did find though is that the G-force drag radial is avalible in that size & the tread pattern would actually match the front. Of course I would loose the option to rotate them, but the DR's are cheaper, so replacing them more often would be as big of a deal.

Shay