Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

iForged Evolutions are ON!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iForged Evolutions are ON!!!!!!!

Well got the iForged Evolutions installed the other day and am very pleased with an excellent product! I would like to thank the iForged team and here are some pics (kinda dark) that I took of the wheels & tires after I got home from mounting them yesterday evening. Also, props to Nu Image motorsports in Hawaii for putting up with me throughout the ordeal.

Old 05-16-2003, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: iForged Evolutions are ON!!!!!!!

Here's a few more......

Old 05-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, looking really good!

What size are those? They look like 17's, but then in a few pic's they look like 18's...
Old 05-16-2003, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks, they are 18x9 fromt & 18x10 rear. Pics do not do the 3" lip justice....I got stopped 3 times today in traffic to answer questions about them!
Old 05-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Launching!

You suck!
I have had mine ordered for going on 10 weeks and they are still not done.
Problems with the width I wanted, problems with the painting, etc. My TTIIs are "sold" and I am supposed to give them to the guy next week and one of my biggest shows for the year is next weekend so it looks like my car will be in the garage on jack stands WOO-YOO
Old 05-17-2003, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Those look soooo bad !!!!!
Old 05-17-2003, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Dave those look sick as hell. Cant wait for mine to come in. That first and third pic on your secound post looks mean man. You can tell the difference between the 265 fronts and the 295 rears. I can see the lip and al i can say is
DAMN. Is the lip on the front rims the same as the rear or only the rear? H8 B N SLO sorry man about yours hope mine dont take that long but im not in any hurry.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:05 PM
!Dial-up Director

Man those are sweet as hell!! Nice choice.

Justin
Old 05-17-2003, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys.

Kyle, the pics do not do the combo justice. Trust me when I tell you that they are much more impressive in person. Yours will look the same....offset & dish should be identical.

JSears, thanks bro. It actually looked just like the photoshop job that Pendragon posted!
Old 05-18-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow. Those rims are hella sick man. It looks excellent on your SS. What kind of tires are those? They match real well with your rims. You deserve all the props in the world for those. Good job.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:36 AM
TECH Resident

Wow. Those rims are hella sick man. It looks excellent on your SS. What kind of tires are those? They match real well with your rims. You deserve all the props in the world for those. Good job.
Thanks bro...the tires are Yokohama AVS Sports. I did some research on the actual tire width in relation to the wheel width before finalizing my decision and fortunately the tire rack had all the info I needed. The sizing came out great with the same amount of or lack thereof "bulge" from the wheels. They bulge about .5" from the wheels.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

H8 B N SLO, I feel your pain Bro! I ordered my iForged wheels way back in the first week of February. Were talking 15 weeks now! Heck I have been working with Vince since January doing R&D work giving him measurements and pictures of the Camaro suspension so we could determine just what could be stuffed under, but that doesn’t seem matter. I guess having sponsorship from them isn’t helping you out either.

When I wrote Vince yesterday about Dave getting his wheels in only 5 weeks this was his reply……………….

That guy has a 2 piece wheel not a 3 piece. Also yours I am working on a special offset, his was much easier, not a 3 piece. We are working on your wheels, and will have a tracking number for you next week, probably mid to late.

Vince

That is going to make it 16 weeks at least. I realize I am pushing the envelope into territory that has not been done before on a 3pc iForged wheel so I can get a 2.5” front lip and a 3.5” rear lip on my wheels but come on! It shouldn’t take 10+ extra weeks! Sheesh!

My guess is that you are like me and ordered 3pc wheels as I know you are going for maximum visual impact. From what I am told the 18” reverse lip barrels for the 2pc wheels are available in 9” and 10” widths but not the 9.5” or 10.5” sizes or anything larger than that. I got the same responses from Boyd Coddington and Budnik months ago so I went with Vince at iForged for a truly custom fit. But after looking at how great Dave’s wheels look with the simulated bolts it makes you wonder if the wait is really worth it, not to mention the additional cost.

Seriously Dave, your wheels look GREAT and you should be proud to drive around with them, I would be. Sorry for hijacking your post but I guess I just needed too vent a little.

Greg
Old 05-18-2003, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dave, I know my combo is going to look just as good as yours. Im hella stoked. I believe mine are 2 piece also. Hopefully they dont take as long.
Kyle
Old 05-20-2003, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Alright as promised...better pics!

Old 05-20-2003, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet pics! They really make the wheels look better than the earlier ones posted. What size is that rear wheel again?
Old 05-20-2003, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much? Do they cost the same as the Fiske's?

Edit:
Never mind, found the cost.
http://www.iforged.com/wheels/evo.html
Old 05-20-2003, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Alex 18x10's in the rear & yes, these pics came out much better!
Old 05-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Launching!

SS LS1, at least you are getting some kind of response from them. I Have called and writen email and nobody ever gets back to me. When I do get a hold of somebody it is one excuse after another. I gave them the exact dimensions I needed the wheels built to from day one. How hard is it to build them to specific specs, I thought they were made to order.
I have called everyday for the past week and I leave a voice mail and nobody ever gets back to me.
When I did talk to Vince last week he said they were done and at the paint shop getting the centers painted.
I would expect a lot better service for the money being spent. I would also think that with me having a partial "sponsorship" from them that they would want to get my wheels done ASAP so I can get tem some advertising and to give me the best service because I will be the one out there telling people about their product.
I mean, what do they expect me to say when people ask about the wheels? Do they expect me to lie about their bad customer service?

Sorry for hijacking your post, the wheels look bad ***!

Glad someone is getting their wheels built.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:25 PM
!Dial-up Director

Diesel the new pics are awesome!! I can't wait until I have enough money to get them.

Justin
Old 05-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Chop-Foo Director

bling-tastic!

not far off from the photoshop i did for ya: