Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

discount tire question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TT632
Here's the problem,
20 years ago every discount tire I went into was great. Best pricing, no upsells, short lines.

Now it's just the opposite. Feel like I'm paying the highest price, always an upsell and a waiting line.

For such a shift to occur from great to terrible must have something to do with Discounts business model. SSilverSSurfer, you can tell from all the stories that this is a real and not made up problem at many DT stores. I know you can only do so much at an individual store to make customers happy. What about DT corporate flow down can lead to so many people to be unhappy with their DT experience?

Here's the right way to conduct business, not sure DT will be like this again but it would be great:
My preferred tire shop is less than discount(They have a lower price installed, balanced and new stems than discounts tire alone price), never upsells, out the door in 15 minutes. It's a father and son shop, but everyone (and I mean everyone) I send there is incredibly surprised with the experience. Additionally, when I bring them my drag slicks they mount and balance them for free. Is that great or what .

Sorry about the hijack.
i see your point. and dont get me wrong but DTC is not the "mom and pop shop" it used to be. where the salesman would sell you tires and then go and work on the same car. its grown incredibly in the past decade, and with the all the new places popping up its really a big competition. when im upfront i try to give customers an unexpected and pleasant experience if they have a price quote for cheaper than what we sell them for, i more than gladly beat, if not, match, the price. and i tell all my customers that with how busy we are to make appointments because it makes their life eaiser. but with every big business there is always gonna be problems. there is just no way we can make every single customer as happy as others. some people will never shop with discount and some people will never "not" shop with discount. as for online shoppers i believe DTD was developed in order to compete with tire rack. damn im rambling, sorry

and yes in and out in 15min. would be great.