Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire Rub

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tire Rub

Need advice on a little problem. I have 17x11's on the rear of my TA and just lowered it with Eibach pro-kit springs. I get serious tire rub on the inner fender lips every time I hit a bump. Has anyone ever delt with this problem? I have talked to a couple of other guys who run the same set up and they have had no rubbing issues. Any advice on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Normal with street tires. Nitto DR's run narrow, so they typically do not rub.

The quarter lips will need to be rolled and the wheel well housing massaged with a hammer where it rubs.

VERY common IMHO.

And Eibach spring rates are TERRIBLE in the back, very soft, which compounds the rubbing issue.

I absoulte HATE Eibach springs . . . .
Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rolled the lips today and think I solved the rubbing issue. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a cople of body and fender hammers and "massaged" away. It came out good and during the test drive I could not get it to rub once. I have to disagree with your eibach spring opinion...I have used a number of lowering springs in the past and have always gone back to Eibach. I think their one of the best springs out there for the money. IMO