Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

LT1 WS6 w/ custom rims!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 WS6 w/ custom rims!?

hey guys. I just bought a 1996 Ws6. White on charcoal with t-tops. I wanted a hardtop but oh well. Its on its way to my house in Sacramento from Massachusetts. Anyway, i was planning on putting black Ruff 281's on my last trans am, a red 99. But it was stolen. I think the same rims would look equally good on my new Bird, but in chrome since its white. So on my Ls1 i was going to get 20x10.5 rear and 19x8.5 front. But the Ls1 i think could pull it off as opposed to the lt1, which i think would look better with a 18/19 set up. So some questions/requests. Anyone have any pics of the set up i want on my new car? Any pics of lt1 ws6s on 20 and 19s? Can anyone photo shop mine for me? Heres a pic of the rims;

and in black

again, i dont want the black anymore but i put them up just in case people wondered what the black ones looked like or if someone wanted to photoshop them onto a red ls1 so i can see what my baby would have looked like. BTW i dont care if you think 20s are too big so dont post that bs ok?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

im not saying there to big but will you even be able to get the 20x10.5 w/ tires under there without major modification to the wheel well, etc.

same with the fronts will you still be able to turn without taking out the fenders or inside of the wheel wells if you hit a bump while turning

im partial to the black had some gunmetal zr-1's before my current wheels and my next set is prolly going to be some hp wheels in black or one of thier darker colors
Old 08-14-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not sure if i will have to modify anything. Another contributing factor to my decision with the 18/19 set up. I know a guy with 20's all the way around and he says he had no problems. When i had 18s on my lowered ls1 i had tons of room so it shouldnt be a problem. But things always seem that way and then you get into them and theyre not so i guess were just going to have to see. Id rather have black too but i hate black on white and vice versa. I was thinking about getting them in black and having them powder coated gunmetal or something like that. But chrome looks awesome on a sunny day too and that all we ever have here in Sac. Like i said, if my car werent white id get black.

BUT also, i just remembered lol. I plan on getting i painted gunmetal pearl with a fat racing streipe the size of the raised part of the hood in pearl white. So the rims couldnt be black thatd be way too off. They can be chrome or maybe pearl white top match but i doubt it. I kinda though about a black racing stripe with black rims but i really wanted to be different with the white stripe.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

yeah with your plans the chrome would prolly be the best choice either that or polished ...... i guess it kinda depends on how big your tires are gonna be i was lowered on 17x11's and there wasnt much room left in the back and i had to do the BFH mod on the wheel wells i prolly needed to roll the lip also.... 20x10.5 is pretty big for the stock wheel wells 19s i think you could make work without to much of a problem, the width isnt going to be the problem the width with how tall the wheels are is going to be the problem, my next set is going to be 18x9 up front and prolly 18x10.5 out back and i know its going to take a little work to make if fit just right ..... if you can get them on there with a decent amount of tire on it i think it would look pretty good
Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea im going to have the lips rolled and do the BFH mod to be sure. Youre supposed to keep the overall diameter of your wheel tire combo stock. Meaning if you get a bigger rims then you get a smaller tire. Thats why the taller peoples rims are the thinner their tires are. On a 20 inch rims you run a 30 tire or if you can find them then you run a 25 or even a 20. It stays within an inch of factory diameter. The height shoudlnt be an issue. However i do plan on slamming it so then it will be an issue. On my 99 i had 305's in the back and i did the BFH but i never had the lips rolled. But they scraped every now and again and these havea very different offset witht he lip and all so ill do it for sure. Any pics guys!?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

what is the bfh mod?
I thinking of putting twenties by 10.5 on the rear also.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

bfh= BIG FUC***G HAMMER. its when you bang the crap out of the inner wheel well in order to clear rubbing issues.