Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel and Tire Fitment Question for the Experts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,756 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Question Wheel and Tire Fitment Question for the Experts...

Lately I’ve been considering a change of wheels for my Camaro. I still love the ZR1 look for F-bodies, and very well may decide to keep them, but after a couple years of having it I’m just giving some thought to other wheel options.

Anyway, I’m considering the following wheel & tire package and just wondering what the experts on fitment here think about this. I’ve looked over the FAQ sticky in this section, but what I’m trying to do is a little different than the standard size combos listed. Here are the specs:

Front:

18 x 8.5 wheel, with a 35mm offset
255/40/18 tire

Rear:

18 x 10 wheel, with a 41mm offset
295/35/18 tire

Now for my questions:

- Will this fit without fender lip rolling or a BFH to the inner wheel well? I’d rather not do either of these body mods on this car. I have stock springs, but they have sagged a bit over the last 9 years so the car sits just a little lower than stock.

- Will the 10” wide rear wheel with a 41mm offset stick out too far for the Camaro body lines? Will it look “wrong”.

- What about the front? Is a 35mm offset going to make an 8.5” wheel stick out too far up front, or would that be similar to my current 9” wheel with a 50mm offset?

Thanks for any help/advice.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fitments should be fine. I run 38 mm offset 9.5's front and 38 mm 10.5's rear.

The front wheel will sit nicely in the wheel well, it will move outwards just a touch but will not stick out.

The rear, your combo moved inwards 3 mm compared to mine and your wheel will be 1/4" narrower each side, so rubbing with stock supension should not be an issue. It will not sitck out of the wheel well.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,756 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Fitments should be fine. I run 38 mm offset 9.5's front and 38 mm 10.5's rear.

The front wheel will sit nicely in the wheel well, it will move outwards just a touch but will not stick out.

The rear, your combo moved inwards 3 mm compared to mine and your wheel will be 1/4" narrower each side, so rubbing with stock supension should not be an issue. It will not sitck out of the wheel well.
Very good info!

Thanks.