Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Difference in size between 315 Nitto's and BFG TA KD's??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in size between 315 Nitto's and BFG TA KD's??

Im getting the TTII 17x9.5/11 combo (already have one 17x11) but I'm debating between tires now....looks like I have room to where im not gonna have to BFH especially if I go with Nitto's. The thing is that I'm kinda worried that since Nitto's run narrow that the tire isnt gonna cup much and might look a lil odd....how much wider are the TA KD's than the Nitto's?? From experience does it look ok to not have the tire not cupping over the rim much if I do go with Nitto's?? When I ordered my rim from TOMZ, T.C. said that the more up and down sidewall would be stiffer so would that be better?....can you help me out guys?? Thanks!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

The Nitto is one of the narrowest 315's, while the KD is one of the widest, so I'd say the KD is significantly wider. The 315's look just fine on an 11" ttII though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm running the KD's on ttII's..see sig.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by f50nut
The Nitto is one of the narrowest 315's, while the KD is one of the widest, so I'd say the KD is significantly wider. The 315's look just fine on an 11" ttII though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm running the KD's on ttII's..see sig.
so the KD's are gonna need some bfh more than likely?? i just didnt know if not much cupping would look good or not
Old 09-04-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

KD's will definitely need some bfh. Nittos look good though.