Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Billet Specialties Street Lite race wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
The rears weigh 16lbs. Kinda heavy for a drag wheel. And they won't fit without grinding.
You know, I was kinda thinking the same thing about the weight. but they will be 4lbs lighter a wheel than a stock wheel. The fronts will save me about 10lbs a wheel. The rear tires will be around 9 lbs less a tire and the front tires will be even more. So yes, for a drag wheels, there are lighter ones out there, but I think these will be more durable than some of the lighter ones. That statment is just an opinion and I have no actual facts to back that up. So you would be saving around 50lbs in front and around 25-30 in the rear vs a stock wheel and tire combo. And I am baseing this off my chrome snowflakes with m/t drag radials.

As for them grinding. before I think about buying these, they will have to prove that they will clear all 4 brakes. If they don't, I will save up for some D-10's

This is just my opinion, so please no bashing.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Leedogg
Well let's see- the only pics of them on a car here is either race brakes or LT1's. Unless you plan to grind calipers- I'd say these are not for you....at least until proof arises to the contrary.
i just wanna see 'em on a 98+ F-body...if they look good enough, i'll get 'em. otherwise, i'm hunting for bogarts.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Teching In

funny this is still going on after the last 5 page threrad that said they wont fit .. then a sponser offers a deal..and doesnt know if they fit. Anyone else find this comical or frusterating?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the last thread they had someone test fit them on a ls1 car and they said they will not work even if you grind caliper unless you have drag brakes or or down grade to LT1 brakes
Old 01-25-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup...which makes it even funnier that 2 SPONSERS ARE IN THIS SECTION TRYING TO SELL THEM TO US. Mods need to step in and demand clarification.

I bailed on these and Boyds and just ended it with some CCWs a few days ago.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:39 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not everyone has stock brakes.......
Old 01-26-2008, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
in the old street lite tred someone post pics of the 15x10's fitting over lt1 brakes without hitting.

I had a set tried them on and they don't fit with out a little grinding. Stock LT1 brakes 15x10 wheel. If people want to buy them that's fine it's a good wheel for a good price. In the other thread I also had pictures showing them sitting on the hubs it doesn't mean they fit.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jammer
Yup...which makes it even funnier that 2 SPONSERS ARE IN THIS SECTION TRYING TO SELL THEM TO US. Mods need to step in and demand clarification.

I bailed on these and Boyds and just ended it with some CCWs a few days ago.

i do not believe there was a part that said i was trying to sell them as bolt-on, no grinding required. as any parts for a car, there are so many different applications out there, and the buyer needs to research the facts before purchasing. if they were being advertised as no mods required, then maybe it would be an issue. these are 15 inch wheels going on cars designed to use a 16 or 17... what do you expect. need a tissue?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

I am sorry- but that cracked me up.lol
Old 01-27-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ssvert99
i do not believe there was a part that said i was trying to sell them as bolt-on, no grinding required. as any parts for a car, there are so many different applications out there, and the buyer needs to research the facts before purchasing. if they were being advertised as no mods required, then maybe it would be an issue. these are 15 inch wheels going on cars designed to use a 16 or 17... what do you expect. need a tissue?
How do they clear Aerospace brakes?

Also, do you have a picture of the 15x4" with 2.25" backspace on a car? I have ran 1.75" backspace 15x3.5" Welds before and they stuck out too far for my liking. Does the 15x4" tuck under any better?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:26 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadBoo79
How do they clear Aerospace brakes?

Also, do you have a picture of the 15x4" with 2.25" backspace on a car? I have ran 1.75" backspace 15x3.5" Welds before and they stuck out too far for my liking. Does the 15x4" tuck under any better?
The 15x4 is a 1/2 in wider than the 15x3.5 ...with a 1/2 more backspace,the outside of the wheel is in the same location.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z8'S
The 15x4 is a 1/2 in wider than the 15x3.5 ...with a 1/2 more backspace,the outside of the wheel is in the same location.
Agreed, but with the wider wheel, it will bring the center of the tire towards the inside of the wheelwell and maybe help it tuck in some.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

so these will fit a lt1?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

So do these wheels fit ls1 fbody's, in stock trim? I don't mind having to grind the calipers, if it's the same mod that are needed with some Weld's. Anyone know if these are heavier them some prostar's?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i should have some wheels in my hands this week and be able to check clearances. maybe get a few pics of them on my 'vert. i will also get the weights of the 8, 10, 12, and fronts for comparison. keep in mind, these are SFI rated street legal wheels. they are gonna be a bit heavier than alumastars, and probably comparable to Bogarts. i have Bogarts on my car currently so i can give a good comparison for those interested.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ssvert99

Your kidding me right.... you advertise a product that you have never test fit, know doesnt fit without mods/grinding and make no mention of that..and go on to tell all future customers "and the buyer needs to research the facts before purchasing".
Wow, how about at least mentioning a potential fittment issue for stock vehicles... We rely on sponsers to lead us and full disclosure is helful rather than us digging for truffles like little smurfs to find out if whats offered even works. I dunno seems obvious to me a simple statement would be appropriate. Whatever, I'm off the stand and hope these wheels work as well as they look! I know mid-west is a good shop, just pointing out a glaring omission
Old 01-28-2008, 02:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they will fit with grinding i will be pissed lol because in old post someone did test fit them and said they even with grinding they would not help these fit on ls1 brakes! That you had to have lt1 brakes or drag brakes. The reason i would be mad is because i bought some other wheels That old post dose not work for some reason
Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
if they will fit with grinding i will be pissed lol because in old post someone did test fit them and said they even with grinding they would not help these fit on ls1 brakes! That you had to have lt1 brakes or drag brakes. The reason i would be mad is because i bought some other wheels That old post dose not work for some reason
Same here. Hence all my frusteration.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

boo! boo!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JammerII
Your kidding me right.... you advertise a product that you have never test fit, know doesnt fit without mods/grinding and make no mention of that..and go on to tell all future customers "and the buyer needs to research the facts before purchasing".
Wow, how about at least mentioning a potential fittment issue for stock vehicles... We rely on sponsers to lead us and full disclosure is helful rather than us digging for truffles like little smurfs to find out if whats offered even works. I dunno seems obvious to me a simple statement would be appropriate. Whatever, I'm off the stand and hope these wheels work as well as they look! I know mid-west is a good shop, just pointing out a glaring omission
Part of the reason why these have not been fit on a "stock" LS1 car is that these were sold out in 2 days and wont be back in until this week. I have tried to get some myself and have no luck.
As for disclosure, the Ad states "race wheel" and these are probably marketed towards racers with aftermarket Brakes and some crafty ones whom are going to make these work with stock brakes at whatever cost.
I know for a fact that these wheels will be test fit on SEVERAL stock LS1 cars this week, and im sure the sponsors will hold our hands and tell us if these will fit or not... (and I hope they do)

Quick Reply: Billet Specialties Street Lite race wheels