Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Billet Specialties Street Lite race wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:07 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my wheels for a month now.....They WILL NOT FIT a stock LS1 brake........ I have Strange brakes for my car.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

I want someone to clear up what they will fit on. and what they won't. Just freakin test them make a list and give it to us straight. AND I WANT TO SEE GOOD PICTURES OF THEM MOUNTED!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by roadhog_113
I want someone to clear up what they will fit on. and what they won't. Just freakin test them make a list and give it to us straight. AND I WANT TO SEE GOOD PICTURES OF THEM MOUNTED!!!!!
Buy a set and figure it out yourself!!!!!!!!

They"WILL NOT FIT AN LS1"
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Launching!

I did reply About how they fit and what they fit. Then i was Blasted By SJM about what i had to say about them. And the thread was Deleted.

Hi Chris.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z8'S

EDIT: With stock brakes..... These are a race wheel.

...hmm wonder if we can get the Procharger F3 to fit my stock ls1 with no modifications........
Old 01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssvert99
i do not believe there was a part that said i was trying to sell them as bolt-on, no grinding required. as any parts for a car, there are so many different applications out there, and the buyer needs to research the facts before purchasing. if they were being advertised as no mods required, then maybe it would be an issue. these are 15 inch wheels going on cars designed to use a 16 or 17... what do you expect. need a tissue?
People are looking for more clarification. Can you figure it out or not?

I have an old Offenhauser intake manifold I'll sell you. I "don't know" if it will fit your car, but I'll sell it to ya....
Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver LS1
EDIT: With stock brakes..... These are a race wheel.

...hmm wonder if we can get the Procharger F3 to fit my stock ls1 with no modifications........

Nice... I have some F-Body / Mustang wheels I can make fit your car too.. Should I mention before I sell these wheels that you may need to add a
modified 8.8 rear ?

So, to you, the word "RACE" is a synonym for "wont fit without mods"?

How r you missing the point dearest Silver. Oh, nevermind, I know that answer.

see synonym.com if my syntax is confusing.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

I have already stated that they won't fit stock LT1 brakes and others have said they dont fit LS1 brakes. What else needs to be said ?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jammer
Nice... I have some F-Body / Mustang wheels I can make fit your car too.. Should I mention before I sell these wheels that you may need to add a
modified 8.8 rear ?

So, to you, the word "RACE" is a synonym for "wont fit without mods"?

How r you missing the point dearest Silver. Oh, nevermind, I know that answer.

see synonym.com if my syntax is confusing.
tou·ché my good friend. I think its a fair assumption that you can associate the word race with "hot Rod" also, which means modified for high speed and fast acceleration
If Hot Rod is confusing see www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary
No where does it say "stock ls1 camaro brakes"
Sorry for highjacking the thread....for those whom have a race car/hot rod (by definition) that has been modified, and no a lid and a muffler does not mean these wheels will fit and have contacted Midwest Chassis for wheels, his customer service is bar none and you will be extrememly happy with the wheels.... enjoy
Old 01-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Teching In

And with that, I will accept your view. I know Mid-West has a great rep. Please understand where I am coming from.
I want drag wheels..and never did before, but blowing off the tires is getting old. I knew that would be the issue when I added a pair of turbos. That said, I began my hunt for wheels, having never done so before. What did I start to find...sponsers offering wheels for my F-body, with ZERO mention that I had to make modifications. A simple search told me origional welds, centerlines etc would require grinding. Then I hear about the new welds, I contact Boyd, who tells me the new ones will fit and such. I order them from Summitt, and days later read that 6.5 bs isnt good enough.
Then comes this thread with no mention of grinding or the need for race brakes, and hell, I know I couldnt have been the only one that was like "finally", a wheel that will fit other than a Bogart or 16" CCW.
It just seems a simple sentence to address the most concerning issue, F-body stock fitment, should have been addressed.

Im off my pedistal, and those that see my point do, and those that don't, won't.

These wheels look awesome and are a nice addition to the options for those with modified brakes... and I'm sure we will soon find out if they even fit with grinding, which it appears they wont.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Well i don't care about LS1 brakes cause i have an LT1. Guess what this is a forum for questions so don't try and shut me up. Not everyone has money to try some rims and see how the look and fit. Then oh well now i need to buy new brakes or i don't like how they look on my car, or half the damn brake needs to be ground off etc. So if i can get the information by asking questions and doing some research before I put myself in that situation, I will!!! This is why i wanna know what i need to do to make them fit my LT1 with stock brakes, some have said they fit fine without grinding some have said they need grinding. I also want to see what they look like on an LT1 if possible.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
I have already stated that they won't fit stock LT1 brakes and others have said they dont fit LS1 brakes. What else needs to be said ?
Jeff is an LT1 and he says they didn't fit, so there you go.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:16 PM
8 Second Club

Well i don't care about LS1 brakes cause i have an LT1. Guess what this is a forum for questions so don't try and shut me up. Not everyone has money to try some rims and see how the look and fit. Then oh well now i need to buy new brakes or i don't like how they look on my car, or half the damn brake needs to be ground off etc. So if i can get the information by asking questions and doing some research before I put myself in that situation, I will!!! This is why i wanna know what i need to do to make them fit my LT1 with stock brakes, some have said they fit fine without grinding some have said they need grinding. I also want to see what they look like on an LT1 if possible.
Must be scary going thru life not knowing if everything is going to be perfect.
If you really did your research you would have read that you could get them to fit with some grinding(per Badhawk) on your LT1. Where did I tell you to shut up? Get over it
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

don't know u but u sound like a smug *****
Old 01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
8 Second Club

don't know u but u sound like a smug *****
Yes .....Yes I am
Could it be that this topic has been beaten to death already and you just keep it going? You claim to have done research on it but you obviously haven't. I am sure all of my friends think I'm a smug ***** too. Grow up
Old 01-31-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Yes .....Yes I am
Could it be that this topic has been beaten to death already and you just keep it going? You claim to have done research on it but you obviously haven't. I am sure all of my friends think I'm a smug ***** too. Grow up
well i have done my research and i have heard both ways that they will fit lt1 brakes, then someone said they tried them on there car with lt1 brakes and they didnt! so i think these sponsors need to try it themselves! and post up some pics!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

i second what 4sfedz said, all i want is for the sponsors to clear it up once and for all. I have done some research and have heard it fits and it doesn't as well. Just because you research something doesn't meen u always find and answer right away, this is where my question comes into play. It is to further my research so i can get a clear and definite answer. Of course you can't go through life knowing everything is perfect,and i expect nothing of the sort, but you can make better decisions with more information, which is all i am after.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Wink rough chop on 02 SS

its a rough chop, but it's an idea of what they'd look like on a late model
F-Body.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

I think that people really like these wheels- or there wouldn't be such passion about if they fit or not. I will find out what it takes eventually...in a few months though...buying a house now- drag wheels can wait. I plan to buy a set...go straight to a friends house, and try them on his car that has the brakes ground for Weld's wheels....I promise that I'll post results then...but like I said...it's a little ways off still.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Teching In

I hope and assume by then we will have the answer.. ut just incase.. please do!

Quick Reply: Billet Specialties Street Lite race wheels