4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

what color wheels on my pewter ta....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I was going back and forth with getting chrome, but I decided against it because I didn't want the weight penalty associated with chrome. The nice thing is I dropped almost 6lbs. per wheel compared to the hp evo's.

I'd really like to see the chrome 278s when you get them. Let me know and we can take some pictures of the two cars. I'm sure the guys over at Ruff would love to see them.
do you know how much the chromes weigh compared to the hyperblacks??? i didnt even think of the weight thing

Originally Posted by firefighting1101
black zo6 wheels!

like i said i want to get away from the vette wheel it seems like everyone and their mother has them....looik good though
Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure how much more the chrome wieghs, but if I had to make an educated guess, I'd say another 2-3 pounds per wheel. Again, just a guestimate. I weighed the Evo's and they weighed 32lbs a peice, and the Ruff's were 26lbs each.

But lets be honest, you're not buying 19" wheels for the performance factor, so I say go with the bling and enjoy them. It would be cool to park both cars side by side and have mine with hyperblacks and your's in chrome.

Again, it's up to you.... buy what looks good to you and enjoy.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

althouth chrome is most attractive for almost anything but black wheels would look great with pewter
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Launching!

I'm not sure how much more the chrome wieghs, but if I had to make an educated guess, I'd say another 2-3 pounds per wheel. Again, just a guestimate. I weighed the Evo's and they weighed 32lbs a peice, and the Ruff's were 26lbs each.

But lets be honest, you're not buying 19" wheels for the performance factor, so I say go with the bling and enjoy them. It would be cool to park both cars side by side and have mine with hyperblacks and your's in chrome.

Again, it's up to you.... buy what looks good to you and enjoy.
well i sort of went against the 19s thing....im probably gonna end up getting 18s.....hey man when the next nice day comes around think we could meet up and i could go for a ride shotty in yoru car to see how she handles?
you m6 or a4?
Originally Posted by JHL88
althouth chrome is most attractive for almost anything but black wheels would look great with pewter
i was shying away from black cause it seemed everyone said they wouldnt look good now everyones comin back sayin black is best hahah
Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm an m6 and yeah, we can meet up and go for a ride. What town do you live in, we could pick a spot and meet up for sure.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Launching!

I'm an m6 and yeah, we can meet up and go for a ride. What town do you live in, we could pick a spot and meet up for sure.
im actually over in philadelphia...how far are you from here? ill take a ride out i like little road trips....especially with the new car

Quick Reply: what color wheels on my pewter ta....