Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

taylor weld engineering wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default taylor weld engineering wheels

nice wheels.... check the backspacing too.
3 month wait from what i read on another website.
the new hot thing?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not at 470/wheel. They are cool though!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm digging all the new custom drag wheels that are coming out lately. Been a long time since we've seen anything fresh for the 1/4-mile
Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

This is not part of the Weld family is it? I went to school with a Taylor Weld who's uncle is Greg Weld.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thoes are very expensive!
But they look pretty!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow those rears are sick!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Different.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
This is not part of the Weld family is it? I went to school with a Taylor Weld who's uncle is Greg Weld.
taylor weld
greg weld
weld racing(american racing)
3 different companies now, AFAIK.
if i wouldnt ordered a set of magnums, i may have jumped on these.
oh well.
STILL waiting on weld to come through. i wouldnt recommend a weld wheel unless someone had them IN STOCK.
ive been waiting over 3 months for my wheels when i was told 4-6 weeks.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

I just found where next years tax returns going!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

this is rediculus with the weld wheels. im sick of seeing all of these wheels and not knowing if they are going to fit or not and not being able to get a hold of.
long live bogart
Old 02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Teching In

OK, Figure I should go ahead and chime in here and clear up some things.

My name is Taylor Weld and I have started a new company, Taylor Weld Engineering, to build high-performance racing wheels. Taylor Weld Engineering is not affiliated with Greg Weld Design. Greg is my Dad and we are essentially competitors in the wheel business.

Stangkilr: I’m pretty sure the “Taylor Weld” you went to school with wasn’t me. There’s another “Taylor Weld” that is about 19 years old (Ricky Weld’s son) and doesn’t have the intellect to make a decent cup of coffee.

I’m 35 years old, married and have 2 kids and have been building racing wheels for over 20 years. I’m sure you are all familiar with the current generation of Weld Racing product (Magnum Drag 2.0, Aluma-Star 2.0, Magnum Top Fuel wheels, ect.) and if so, you are familiar with my handiwork over the past 10 years.

Back to the new company. Yes I know it’s a little confusing, but I can assure you that Taylor Weld Engineering was formed for one clear purpose – to build a new generation of high-quality, hardcore, race-only forged aluminum wheels. We will only use the best materials and will be making all components in the U.S.A. (designed, sourced, produced, assembled - the whole process). I’m not going to feed you a line of bullshit about how great our wheels are and that they will be available tomorrow. If I have learned anything over all these years, you have to be honest with your customers, build good quality products, and actually deliver when you say you can deliver.

I don’t expect to have production-ready product until around the first of June. We are in development now and are doing destructive testing to make absolutely sure that the wheels can stand up to even the most aggressive racing applications. No, these wheels will not be certified to be street legal (they will be SFI certified for the appropriate sizes), but I am sure that customers will end up putting them on street-driven vehicles (just like the many Aluma-Stars and Magnums that I see on the street).

We are in the process of finishing up the new website that will have all the info that you will be looking for (should be up in about 3 weeks). If you want more info, you can e-mail me directly at tweld@taylorweld.com and request a .pdf version of the 2008 Taylor Weld Engineering catalog.

No, I don’t know if my wheels will clear the brakes on a 4th gen. Camaro yet. I have received many requests for 15” x 10” rears at 7.5” backspace. The deepest backspace that I currently offer is 7.0” backspace but if the demand is strong enough, I will probably end up making the special 7.5” backspace for you guys.

I’ve been a long-time lurker but figured now is as good a time as any to contribute. I won’t be posting 40 times a day but I will definitely answer any questions you might have, whether it’s about my wheels or other manufacturers. Hope this has helped some of you looking for a little clarity on this issue.

As always, my e-mail and phone are always on,

Taylor Weld
Head Whip-Cracker
Taylor Weld Engineering
tweld@taylorweld.com
816-550-9013 (cell)
Old 02-20-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Welcome Taylor! I'd say you got some nice wheels coming out so far. I love the rears. Cant say how i feel about the fronts until I see them mounted. There's no doubt about the rears though
Old 02-21-2008, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wheeldummy

My name is Taylor Weld and I have started a new company, Taylor Weld Engineering, to build high-performance racing wheels. Taylor Weld Engineering is not affiliated with Greg Weld Design. Greg is my Dad and we are essentially competitors in the wheel business.

Stangkilr: I’m pretty sure the “Taylor Weld” you went to school with wasn’t me. There’s another “Taylor Weld” that is about 19 years old (Ricky Weld’s son) and doesn’t have the intellect to make a decent cup of coffee.

I’m 35 years old, married and have 2 kids and have been building racing wheels for over 20 years. I’m sure you are all familiar with the current generation of Weld Racing product (Magnum Drag 2.0, Aluma-Star 2.0, Magnum Top Fuel wheels, ect.) and if so, you are familiar with my handiwork over the past 10 years.

Back to the new company. Yes I know it’s a little confusing, but I can assure you that Taylor Weld Engineering was formed for one clear purpose – to build a new generation of high-quality, hardcore, race-only forged aluminum wheels. We will only use the best materials and will be making all components in the U.S.A. (designed, sourced, produced, assembled - the whole process). I’m not going to feed you a line of bullshit about how great our wheels are and that they will be available tomorrow. If I have learned anything over all these years, you have to be honest with your customers, build good quality products, and actually deliver when you say you can deliver.

I don’t expect to have production-ready product until around the first of June. We are in development now and are doing destructive testing to make absolutely sure that the wheels can stand up to even the most aggressive racing applications. No, these wheels will not be certified to be street legal (they will be SFI certified for the appropriate sizes), but I am sure that customers will end up putting them on street-driven vehicles (just like the many Aluma-Stars and Magnums that I see on the street).

We are in the process of finishing up the new website that will have all the info that you will be looking for (should be up in about 3 weeks). If you want more info, you can e-mail me directly at tweld@taylorweld.com and request a .pdf version of the 2008 Taylor Weld Engineering catalog.

No, I don’t know if my wheels will clear the brakes on a 4th gen. Camaro yet. I have received many requests for 15” x 10” rears at 7.5” backspace. The deepest backspace that I currently offer is 7.0” backspace but if the demand is strong enough, I will probably end up making the special 7.5” backspace for you guys.

I’ve been a long-time lurker but figured now is as good a time as any to contribute. I won’t be posting 40 times a day but I will definitely answer any questions you might have, whether it’s about my wheels or other manufacturers. Hope this has helped some of you looking for a little clarity on this issue.

Taylor Weld
Head Whip-Cracker
Taylor Weld Engineering
tweld@taylorweld.com
816-550-9013 (cell)
The taylor I went to school with is the younger 21 year old. I didnt want to say anything but yes, he is a dumb ****.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

Taylor and Greg had the wicked lincoln's in the day right?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wheeldummy

Taylor Weld
Head Whip-Cracker
Taylor Weld Engineering
tweld@taylorweld.com
816-550-9013 (cell)
welcome taylor
i must say please listen to us on here and build a wheel that fits our cars with no modifications. i promise you if the price is rite and they fit with no issues you will not be able to produce them fast enough. and dont just use summit as a distributer like your dad wich i belive we will never see his wheels and dont even know if they will fit. if you have to get some guys off of here
and barrow there car for fitment purposes im sure they will gladly let you use there car. just please listen as they only real option we have in a 15 in wheel is bogart to fit without modifications.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my brakes are already ground down enough to fit anything so taylor when these are available, ill be buying a set
Old 02-21-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

i will commit to buying these right now as well
Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
my brakes are already ground down enough to fit anything so taylor when these are available, ill be buying a set
I've got drag brakes all the way around but i would love a set of these, they would really go with the look of the car.

If you do have a sale it would be great.

Looking for a set of fronts and 15x12 rears with a 3" BS
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

there nice wheels but too pricey. stick to bogarts or prostars.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wichoms4
there nice wheels but too pricey. stick to bogarts or prostars.
for some people, it about style. thats why i went with a weld magnum. nothing out there quite like it, like taylors wheels. if i would have known.

i honestly dont think the price of the wheel is outrageous. compared to a summit wheel, or a prostar, maybe i can see your point . a bogart is of or near the same qaulity and less expensive, but that all goes back to style and what you are after.
forget drag wheels for a minute and compare a TT2 and a CCW.
apples and oranges. same thing in this situation.

Quick Reply: taylor weld engineering wheels