Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

z06 rims from a c5 corvette on an fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation z06 rims from a c5 corvette on an fbody?

r the offsets the same or what?
i need to know, cause i have this guy who has some for cheap and they real nice let me know
Old 03-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Launching!

I just got some c5's today.
they fit perfect.
skinny spoke polished aluminum GM c5 wheels,

Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned

C5>c5 zo6 IMO

but try a search i know someone had the same question i think they ended up fiting it was a long time ago tho
Old 03-29-2008, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

I have C5 Z06 rims (17x9.5), and they fit no problem. I THINK you can get them with different offsets though, so make sure, if you buy some, that the offset is 56mm.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The guy is asking about Z06 rims from a C5 Corvette that he is getting a deal on.

To the OP, I am not sure but hopefully someone who understands your situation and knows how to read will post an answer.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stockerws6
The guy is asking about Z06 rims from a C5 Corvette that he is getting a deal on.

To the OP, I am not sure but hopefully someone who understands your situation and knows how to read will post an answer.
What are you talking about? He asked if the offsets were the same. I replied that they come in different offsets and to make sure the ones he buys are 56mm offset. Who doesnt know how to read?

The C5 rims, base or Z06 have the same bolt pattern as us, 5x4.75. The difference is the offset, which can be anywhere from 54mm-58mm. In order for those rims to fit, they need to be 56mm offset. So again, I said to make sure if he buys any, that they are 56mm offset. Claiming people don't know how to read is ignorant, you really should keep those types of comments off the forums.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sketterman
What are you talking about? He asked if the offsets were the same. I replied that they come in different offsets and to make sure the ones he buys are 56mm offset. Who doesnt know how to read?

The C5 rims, base or Z06 have the same bolt pattern as us, 5x4.75. The difference is the offset, which can be anywhere from 54mm-58mm. In order for those rims to fit, they need to be 56mm offset. So again, I said to make sure if he buys any, that they are 56mm offset. Claiming people don't know how to read is ignorant, you really should keep those types of comments off the forums.
I don't think the OP has the option of choosing the offset. I believe he is saying that he is getting a deal from a set that were on a Corvette and wants to know if the offset will fit okay on his car.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stockerws6
I don't think the OP has the option of choosing the offset. I believe he is saying that he is getting a deal from a set that were on a Corvette and wants to know if the offset will fit okay on his car.

exactly. and I told him to make sure they are 56mm or they wont fit
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sketterman
exactly. and I told him to make sure they are 56mm or they wont fit
If you say so and I am pretty sure there are plenty people running 17's (or 18's) with something other than 56mm offset that fit without problems.

To the OP, I know this was all off topic.

I am not sure what offset the Vette wheels are but I think you can run different offsets. You might just need to make some modifications to the wells or bumpstops if the offset tucks them in too far. I think between 50-56mm from what I have read will be okay. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this will chime in to help out.