Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Post your Fikse wheels *DON'T QUOTE PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wink

Originally Posted by 02BlackBullet
Me too. I think I have about $2100.00 into my Fikse set-up...including $650 worth of tires.
I shudder to think of how much I have tied into my Fikse setup(s)! . . .

Two sets of 17" . . . One set of 18" . . . and tires all a round . . .
Old 04-02-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02BlackBullet
The most sinister looking car I've seen on this board in a while

The all-black theme is really intimidating, very sleek, absolutely gorgeous

Great job Black Bullet

Last edited by CRAGER; 04-04-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone answer this question? why does a simple looking wheel like the FM5 cost $800 per wheel? i have stated its my favorite wheels but looks like something that american racing or billet specialties could sell for $300 per wheel.... cause just cause its a good looking wheel dont mean it has to be over priced..... hell in that case the TT2 should be $500 per wheel then cause it looks just as good but of course its played out cause its so affordable...... if the TT2 was over priced it would be them that guys would envy...... i think the FM5 is a 2 peice forged wheel but why cant they just make a polished aluminum version for the guys that dont have $4,000 for wheels
Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
you win sir, you win
Yea that last pic is my new work pc background
Old 04-02-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

in the black car is the hood not painted?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bluebeast
can someone answer this question? why does a simple looking wheel like the FM5 cost $800 per wheel? i have stated its my favorite wheels but looks like something that american racing or billet specialties could sell for $300 per wheel.... cause just cause its a good looking wheel dont mean it has to be over priced..... hell in that case the TT2 should be $500 per wheel then cause it looks just as good but of course its played out cause its so affordable...... if the TT2 was over priced it would be them that guys would envy...... i think the FM5 is a 2 peice forged wheel but why cant they just make a polished aluminum version for the guys that dont have $4,000 for wheels

While I do think Fikse's cost alot they are in line with what thier TRUE competitors are. I've had TTII's as well and if you had both side by side I don't think you would be as suprised as you are right now on the price difference. Take a 5 year old Fikse and a 5 year old TTII and it becomes even more apparent. The TTII is heavy, you look at it wrong it bends or in my case bent from the factory. Nothing wrong with TTII's except the weight but the Fikse's are much different. Mine are 7 years old and still look incredible.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so they are lighter basicly? thats cool and makes sence..... i did know that fikse wheels are stronger than a regular wheel...... on top of that i totally understand how qaulity products goes..... i just really think that the FM5 17 inch wheel shouldnt cost more than $400 per wheel.... but thats just my opinion cause im mad LOL, not cause i cant afford them but cause im not gonna spend almost $1,000 per wheel unless its some 22+inch big time wheel on a bentley or something......... now like a titanium, carbon fiber racing wheels and crazy stuff like that i can understand, but they are probly alot higher than fikse.... but its just a discussion i have always wanted to have....in no way was i trying to **** off guys with these wheels as i am a total fan of these nice items..... im just pissed at fikse i guess... jake
Old 04-02-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Again if you had a way to compare a TTII and FM5 next to each other I really don't think you'd be that suprised and they are not just a little lighter they are quite a bit lighter...
Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

can someone answer this question? why does a simple looking wheel like the FM5 cost $800 per wheel?
They dont decide on a price for a wheel depending on how simple or complex it looks.
cause just cause its a good looking wheel dont mean it has to be over priced..... hell in that case the TT2 should be $500 per wheel then cause it looks just as good but of course its played out cause its so affordable...... if the TT2 was over priced it would be them that guys would envy......
You know very well that it isnt expensive just cause it is a good looking wheel. . . .it is the good build quality of the wheel that makes it expensive. The TT2 being overpriced would not make it a better wheel. If the TT2 were overpriced no one would buy them because if they are spending that much money then they would buy FIKSE, CCW, Iforged, etc. instead.

why cant they just make a polished aluminum version for the guys that dont have $4,000 for wheels
Probably becuase not many people would buy the expensive ones. They would start to be known for their cheaper wheels and would not be known for their incredible build quality.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cool! i kinda knew all of the questions i was asking in a way.... i just wanted to get some opinions really..... ya i know they dont price wheels on looks..... and also if the rebel from american racing could get that stupid bottem mount peice that brackets to the top of the wheel i would totally settle for then cause they look very similar to the FM5..... i wanna call them up and ask them why they screwed a totally awesome wheel up with that huge blunder of an idea! but anyways i dont want to clutter up you guys fikse thread and im sorry if some of my questions offended anyone, hopefully you guys understand i want a set but hopefully i will find a used set in my price range...until then im a billet specialty and american racing man! lol thanks for answering some of my questions guys! jake
Old 04-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Launching!

If you want a vehicle that does 0-60mph in 5.7 seconds, you can buy an LS1 or you could buy a Ferrari.

Some people are willing to pay extra for the name, quality, and overall cool factor of owning certain things.

TT2's = LS1

Fikse, CCW, DPE, HRE = Ferrari

It's all personal preference....me personally, I am saving up till I can get my own set of custom wheels. Why?? I like the look, the name, the quality, and the fact that everyone and their brother don't have them....

Nothing wrong with either style wheel, or wheels that cost $100 vs $2000....it's what makes the world go round.

-Matt
Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are actually 3 piece wheels.

You can really tell that Fikses have high build quality. Also they are so light its crazy! My 17x11 FM5 with a nitto 315 on it feels like a ZR1 I used to have w/o tires.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Materials and quality. . . . Built to order, in leiu of mass produced.

MADE IN THE USA!!

As said before they are very lightwieght and VERY strong. FIKSE's are not only a gorgeous wheel but they stand the test on time for racing, Le Mans, 24hr of Datona. . . etc.

An American Racing wheel or many others can't perform like that.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

also if the rebel from american racing could get that stupid bottem mount peice that brackets to the top of the wheel i would totally settle for then
Haha yes . . . those little pieces ruin the wheel IMO

They would be sweet wheels without them.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

It's not just that their build quality is top-notch, they're really light, and they offer (IMO) great designs. It's also because they CAN. There's a market for high-end wheels. As long as people are willing to pay $3000 for a set of wheels, Fikse is willing to sell $3000 sets of wheels.

I see a lot of TT2's on F-bodies, and I should, because it's a great design and they're affordable. It's a great upgrade from stock. Some people say they're "played out", but I think they're popular because they look good. However, some people like to be more unique, and wheels are generally the FIRST thing people notice about a car. I know when I see a car that catches my eye, I look at the wheels first. If I see aftermarket wheels, I wonder what else the owner has done to it. If I see stock wheels, I sort of dismiss it (unless I hear a big cam or evidence of FI).

When I see CCW's, Fikses, or i-Forged wheels, I'm more impressed. Here's someone who has spent money on their wheels and didn't want to get the same wheels many other people have. That car stands out. This isn't taking anything away from other aftermarket wheels, and I certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to spend $3000 on a set of wheels. It's a lot of money, and most people would rather spend that money on something else, even if it's still on the car. I know plenty of people who would say, "I can take my $3000 and put it toward a new shortblock and keep driving on my ZR1s." I get that. However, I (and several other people) chose to go with high-end rims.

As long as there's a market for $3000 wheels, there will be people who sell them.

-Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yep, but like i say i think it all goes back to those happen to be the only wheels i actually like and they happen to be the most expensive LOL damn you fiske, damn you!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

yep, but like i say i think it all goes back to those happen to be the only wheels i actually like and they happen to be the most expensive LOL damn you fiske, damn you!
Well, of COURSE! If they were ugly, nobody would buy them!

I hear ya, though. I lusted after a set of FM5's for a long time before I finally bought a set.

One thing I've discovered. Once you have one high-end set of wheels, it's easier to move from one to another. For example, if you have a set of FM5's, it's easier to sell those to offset the cost of another set of high-end wheels.

-Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

It is spelled Fikse, not Fiske. It is pronounced FIX-SEE

Fikse wheels cost more because they are a true racing wheel. They use higher quality forged aluminum centers, not cheap (TT2 etc..) cast aluminum centers. Those spokes you see are milled out of a chunk of billet aluminum, not poured into a cast. Fikse wheels are also 3-piece construction, the bolts are on the backside of the wheels. This means each wheel consists of an outer lip, an inner lip, and a forged face. These also require labor to assemble by hand and torque all the bolts to spec. Then the quality checks are more stringent on them for safety concerns, etc..

Basically, you get what you pay for when it comes to wheels.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool that was some great info i was happy to read..... when that day comes i will buy a brand new set! and i know how to spell the company's name cause i have spelled it a few times already in a few other posts.... you know how it is when your typing fast lol and yes you get what you pay for with everything! im always a firm beliver in get the best that you can afford safely...

Quick Reply: Post your Fikse wheels *DON'T QUOTE PICS!