Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Bad encounter with Weldcraft

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad encounter with Weldcraft

Well yesterday I called weldcraft to get some info, because Im wanting to narrow my front ss 10-spokes and widen my rears.

And looking at the pic on the main page I was wondering what tire was on the narrowed 10 spoke. So this ******** started out with a bad attitude and acts like he doesn't even care that Im wanting to spend at least 800 bucks with these guys.

Also I could get drag wheels cheaper, I just thought it would be cool to have a "skinny" oem wheel.

So has anyone else had a bad experience with them?

Maybe is was just one of the goonies working there? IDK
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Yea I called and the lady really didnt give a **** if I sent wheels there or not.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have talked to them a couple of times about my wheels and they never really sounded too friendly............................. However; I bet they get tons of calls. Just because the person on the phone was not friendly does not mean that they don't do a good job.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

maybe they get alot of dead end callers and there just getting annoyed, maybe it was the beginning or end of that persons shift....

but there are three+ people here saying they were not nice... so ya...
Old 04-11-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are going to have a business like that you should expect all of the dead end calls. No way around it.................A friendly person on the phone could really help out... some of the dead end calls would turn in to customers if they would give a good impression.

Talk nice even if you are shooting them the bird while you are talking to them

Maybe they have so much business that they really don't care.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehawk2
If you are going to have a business like that you should expect all of the dead end calls. No way around it.................A friendly person on the phone could really help out... some of the dead end calls would turn in to customers if they would give a good impression.

Talk nice even if you are shooting them the bird while you are talking to them

Maybe they have so much business that they really don't care.

Similar situation... A local hardware store is now going out of business, one of those places that had "everything", including a TON of grade 8 hardware. Reason? Yes, the "big box" stores had eaten into their business, however a LOT of people told me that 3 of the 5 people who worked there just weren't friendly. People got tired of their "attitude" and went elsewhere....Unfriendly help can kill any business.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Working in a customer service orientated business takes a special breed. It is not a job for someone who just needs a job. But management of these types of people is key and if the boss doesn't care then they obviously don't need the business.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hoosier makes the right size tire for a narrowed 17"
Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Yeah I ended up finding the hoosier's that they have pictured.

But I still don't know, I really think that having the 10 spokes narrowed would be fuking sweet but at the same time don't really want to support a company that doesn't seem to give a **** about their customers regardless of how many dead end calls.

I work at O'reilly's and totally understand the dead end call thing, and even pulling heavy *** rotors and stuff for people that never even show up. But I still treat all the customers with respect. You have to b/c its the customers that pay your check.

But now this is a really hard decision, to just get some 15" drag wheels or narrow the 17's. I think weight wise would be negligable its just cost.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

I guess I got lucky. I called to get prices a few months ago, and the lady I talked to was very nice and helpful.