Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Shoes - Speedy Envy's

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like the tires? My buddy just bought a set to play around with... got them for practically nothing - just wondering how they do in comparison to other brands?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the wheels look good, and i applaud you for not going over 18" wheels.....any bigger, and they just wouldn't look right at all, IMO. they would look a lot better without the rivets/bolts, though, and DEFINITELY get rid of that lift kit that's on there now...holy christ, i can't remember ever seeing a "stock-height" camaro that looked any higher than that does!

and yeah, do yourself a favor if you are concerned with the ride quality in any way, shape, or form, and don't get either the pro-kit or sportline springs. stick with something that won't have you riding on the bumpstops.

Stranos are my first pick, but aside from that, i've seen the Hotchkis & G2 springs, and they don't look to be too low, and shouldn't have you riding on the bumpstops like the Eibachs will.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Nice! Drop it like it HOT and you'll be GOLDEN....
Old 05-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KyleLs1
How do you like the tires? My buddy just bought a set to play around with... got them for practically nothing - just wondering how they do in comparison to other brands?
he tires are amazing, they SHOULD cost more than they do. On stock tires a 1st gear roll on would spin the tires pretty good, and even through 2nd if I rode it out through a power shift. on THESE tires, I get a light squeal IF they spin at all, and a bark into 2nd on a power shift. These tires dead hook, I need to relearn how to launch the car now
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks damn good, will be siick when its lowered
Old 05-04-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had the riken raptors and just put on my falken azenis rt 615s. i had plenty of tread left after 25k+ miles, but wanted a softer tire. cornering with the raptors is GREAT, but in comparison, with the azenis is OMFG - feels like i'm gonna start breaking suspension parts. i gotta heat em up a little to get them in their sweet spot, but so far i'd just say the azenis are better from a dig... just not as much of a dramatic difference as with the cornering aspect (so far).

Quick Reply: New Shoes - Speedy Envy's