Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Can't decide on style of TTMs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008 | 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

god im gonna get bashed.....lol but why by an aluminum wheel, that has been POLISHED to be shiney and reflective, just to have to do the up keep and POLISH them, when you can by the same rim with an infinate shine? if you dont like the shine of chrome then order a tt2 unpolished. right? why just get the EFFECT of chrome? hope nobody gets mad, just friendly conversation.
Old 06-05-2008 | 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SD99TA214
god im gonna get bashed.....lol but why by an aluminum wheel, that has been POLISHED to be shiney and reflective, just to have to do the up keep and POLISH them, when you can by the same rim with an infinate shine? if you dont like the shine of chrome then order a tt2 unpolished. right? why just get the EFFECT of chrome? hope nobody gets mad, just friendly conversation.
+1 On that man! I like how I never have to polish my ZO6's, just wash em' and dry em'. I guess I need to photo shop the black and chrome TTM's onto my car to get an idea. Unless someone else has already done that. wink wink lol
Old 06-05-2008 | 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

black because of the ceta
Old 06-05-2008 | 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Some people actually like the look of a polished wheel that weighs significantly less than a chrome wheel.
Old 06-05-2008 | 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

i see your point but my ttms arent that heavy,lol i think there like 2 pound a piece heavier. so that would be like 8 pounds added to the car over tt2's. and NEVER have to polish a wheel. polishing sucks imo. besides what are you trying to accomplish in the end? the look taht chrome has forever AGAIN im not argueing just talking cuz im bored at work, and i love talking about cars lol.
Old 06-05-2008 | 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

trust me.....chrome. haha imo that is. windex and a towel, vs polish. and black or graphite dont grab the attention cruising down the street like flickering chrome
....shiny wheels look best...IMO.
Old 06-05-2008 | 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

i see your point but my ttms arent that heavy,lol i think there like 2 pound a piece heavier. so that would be like 8 pounds added to the car over tt2's. and NEVER have to polish a wheel. polishing sucks imo. besides what are you trying to accomplish in the end? the look taht chrome has forever AGAIN im not argueing just talking cuz im bored at work, and i love talking about cars lol.
Then when your chrome wheels get damaged or start pitting, you have to get them re-chromed. Polished wheels just need some sandpaper and polishing compound, good as new. Not to mention having less rotating mass than chrome wheels. There is a difference between adding weight to a vehicle and adding rotating mass.

A lot of people will argue that a polished wheel actually looks better than chrome. I'm one of them, but I guess I'm a little biased (polished 18" TT2's.)
Old 06-05-2008 | 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Morbid
Then when your chrome wheels get damaged or start pitting, you have to get them re-chromed. Polished wheels just need some sandpaper and polishing compound, good as new.
great point Morbid! got me on that one bout the rotating mass though, trust me , make a pass on my ttm's then on some tt2's, 100 bucks says no difference. lol
Old 06-05-2008 | 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Chrome.
Old 06-07-2008 | 08:58 AM
Banned

Chrome. I have chrome ttms and are so easy to maintain and look great with 315s on the rear.