Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

So... my car audio sounds horrible and I'm ready for a change...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So... my car audio sounds horrible and I'm ready for a change...

I have a sick Alpine head unit ready to put in to replace the cracked, old-school aftermarket that's in there right now.

This is the one I'm putting in...I think it's pretty good?

My speakers also sound like crap as well..so I'm thinking complete overhaul.

I know nothing about stereos and I'd like a setup that I can bump a little to with the top down... without breaking the bank! I'm gonna have my ipod hooked up to it 90% of the time. I know I can get some help in here and I'll be prepared to knock everything out in one shot!

Any advice on what speakers? Subs? Amp? Wires? Tweeters? I've used the search function but I'm such a lost cause when it comes to this I have no idea where to start =/

Craigslist is badass for deals... I just don't know what to go for. I'm not looking for something too nuts

Thanks !

Last edited by miaminick; 11-04-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude this set-up isn't very expensive & I absolutely love it. It's great for some bass & SQ. I have had alot of systems in my time & this set-up is by far my favorite of all them. The speakers will fit with zero modification to the mounting area also which is a huge plus in my book. I'm running this off a older Pioneer head unit.

Crossfire XP2402 (240 watts @ 4 ohm/2 ohm stable)
Treo RSX6.5c component set (100 watts each 4 ohm 2-way)
Treo RSX6.5 mids (100 watts each 4 ohm 2-way)
Zapco 350i sub amp
10" Pioneer TS-W255DVC (700 watt max w/dual 4 ohm voicecoils) (in custom driverside stealth box)

It will definetly provide plenty of bass & I can turn my deck up past 50 on the volume without any distortion in the mids & highs at all. It screams. I have had a couple people ask if there is (2) 10" subs in there.

Quick Reply: So... my car audio sounds horrible and I'm ready for a change...