Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alarm Problems...

The battery in my Firebird died yesterday and I replaced the Delco one with a new Optima Red Top. I have a DEI sidewinder remote start alarm that Best Buy installed about 2 and a half years ago. After installing the new battery my alarm doesnt seem to be working, it will not lock/unlock nor will it remote start

Anyone have any idea why it might be doing this? or how long the Best Buy warrenty is on installed alarms?
Old 10-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Alarm Problems...

I would take it back to Best Buy. If that does not work you can find the brain under the dash. It should not be that hard to find and it is going to be black with several white plugs coming off of it and one plug will have a red,yellow,white,green,blue,purple,black,orange,re d/white, and white/blue wires on it. Check the fuse on the red wire and replace it if it is blown. If it is not blown disconect this plug for a minute or two then reconnect it. It should reset the alarm and work. One other thing....can you put the alarm in valet right now? If you can then you just need to reprogram the remote.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Alarm Problems...

Nothing is blown or damaged on your system. What happened is when you changed your battery your alarm system lost all its programming. Best Buy should warranty their installation for as long as you own your car atleast thats what I remember. Just tell them what happened your battery went dead and when you replaced it your alarm stopped working. They should fix it for free.