Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon specific questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon specific questions...

Hi,

I have a 1995 Bonneville SLE. Yeah, not a Trans-Am or LS1, sorry guys. Reason I'm here is because I am trying to completley transplant a Monsoon audio system into my Bonneville. So far I have the radio with cd player from an 00+ and it's really nice! I know I need the amp, speakers, subs, wiring, etc. How does this all work though, I am curious? Where does the amp plug in and what hooks into the amp, just the subs or? Need any and all advice so I understand the system. I have a very good idea where the subs are going on my back deck and have a lot of custom fabrication to do...

The reason for this is to keep my "Pontiac" appearance but have a better than stock system for the Bonneville. We never had a Monsoon option, we had Bose and it was rather cheap. Also I'm thinking of going to "Kee Audio" for the speakers when it comes time for those...I keep reading good things. Any and all input is appreciated.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Don't bother, the Monsoon is just as cheap. Buy a reasonable aftermarket system or stay with stock. I just replaced my HU and speakers and it's a huge difference.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you want pontiac appearance, i understand the radio but no one sees the amp or speakers so they won't know that they arent monsoon, so dont waste your money.

Also check the faq at the top on how to wire an aftermarket amp to the radio.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Hmm, I read over the faq but I only read to use a converter for low level found at an electronics store, is this the case? How's the sound quality with those, I always found that to be a very, eh, would I see crappy way to hook up an amp. Also, how does the Monsoon amp hook into the deck? Right now I have my stock harness that perfectly fits to the radio so I don't know how the amp goes in-line with this or how any of it works?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i havent messed with it but it goes by the wires usually connected to speakers. i forget what exactly it is called but its a high input (wires) where as most amps come with a low input (RCAs). you can buy amps that have both. paying a little more for one with the high input would be ideal.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just go lineoutconverter to an amp and speakers of ur choice