Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help, Convertible Stealth Box

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Convertible Stealth Box

Hey guys, I have a 10" Type-R that I'm looking to put in my 98 firebird vert. I'm thinking of putting it in where the spare tire goes but couldn't find a stealth box. I've never built one but it seems to be my only option. I read the fiberglass stealthbox walkthrough and it seemed pretty easy to do. I was wondering how to fit the box in there, do I have to make a platform of some sort since it's a deep well? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Check the convertible section. I am building a box the same size and shape as the spare tire. Round!! It will give you much more airspace than a normal box, and will mount where the spare tire goes using the spare tire mount!! Thinking I will sell the box for $199.00!! P\M if interested!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Post pics when you guys are done.

Although it won't work for me, I still carry my spare.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Launching!

http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm
I think you might have to lose the spare...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blevinator
Check the convertible section. I am building a box the same size and shape as the spare tire. Round!! It will give you much more airspace than a normal box, and will mount where the spare tire goes using the spare tire mount!! Thinking I will sell the box for $199.00!! P\M if interested!
Did you ever finsh this?
I built one for my 97 Suurban , full size 16 inch spare , single 15 inch sub. Factory tire cover fits perfect, very stealth.
would like to see other ideas for my wifes 00 WS6 Vert