Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Stereo Help

Hey guys, let me start off by saying I have very little knowledge when it comes to stereo related stuff. Any ways, the owner of the car vefore me put in an aftermarket stereo system in my 99 Trans Am. He put in an Alpine head unit as well as speakers, and a Kicker Amp. Problem is the amp is only a 4 channel amp so he only has 4 speakers wired up to it. My question is if there is any way I can get all 6 speakers hooked up to the system? Any ideas are appreciated.

Alex
Old 07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the TAs came with the Monsoon system; you could wire your kicker amp outputs to the outputs of the Monsoon amp. If it were me...I would take the front channels on the Kicker amp and use them to power up your front door speakers and the rear hatch speakers, while using the rear channels on the Kicker amp to drive the sail panel subs. You would lose the fader function of the radio but you'd still have balance from left to right.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95TAJade
Since the TAs came with the Monsoon system; you could wire your kicker amp outputs to the outputs of the Monsoon amp. If it were me...I would take the front channels on the Kicker amp and use them to power up your front door speakers and the rear hatch speakers, while using the rear channels on the Kicker amp to drive the sail panel subs. You would lose the fader function of the radio but you'd still have balance from left to right.
Alright, this makes sense. I'll have to look into how I would have to wire this all up though. Like I said all this stereo stuff is new to me..lol.

Alex
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditch the hatch speakers
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
ditch the hatch speakers
+1

Honestly with a Kicker 4-ch on the front 4 speakers its not going to be worth the trouble to hook those rear ones up.

You won't really hear them unless you're behind your car with the hatch open.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

LOL!! Sorry pal. In the Monsoon stereo sticky, in there it gives you a wire pin-out diagram as to which wires in which harness go where.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

your amp will have enough power to do 2 speakers per channel, splice into the wires running to the rear speakers and wire them up to the hatch also. I have 4 speakers running off a 2 channel amp and they sound great.