Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

carputer thoughts??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 02:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 355 Likes on 268 Posts

rick thanks for the advice i get what you are saying now

realistically in the long run its better to do the homework and piece it together as opposed to prefab becasue if you go prefab you limit yourself as far as expansion.

and did i get it right as far as you saying you didt think it could run hptuners, or were you saying all at once

the car is a 2001 but my ecm is a 98 (car was a v6 auto hense why i say i have pumped money into it) i thing im into carpc because i have a no check engine light casue there is no point, there is so much done to my car it throws codes like coolant fan relay inop (i have a cyntech fan relay and a street and performance wiring harness, it was easier than trying to make the other stuff work) and several others which are irrelevant but will throw the code light constantly in my car but with hp turners i could actually see what codes are going if i had an issue or real issue rahter

seems to me i need to back up and punt as far as accepting a prefab and look into building what i want to handle the job as in enough power to run the programs i want (i dont even know the requrements of hptuners) and sound wise what really fits my needs ( none of my stock steroe is in the car its all mb quard and xtant and my eclipse sub
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blackbird - hp tuners does not take much horsepower to run so i am sure it could run on that prefab, my concern is more the running of multiple apps at the same time along with the upgrades and custom hardware/software possible with a custom as opposed to a prefab - have not really looked at them much though

with hptuners you can set the code so it is not reported(does not light SES), would only do this myself if it was a known issue.

still investigating replacement for monsoon myself

posting from the carputer now - while syncing music with home server via wifi
Old 10-03-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i were you i'd just get a netbook since you like things simple. You can get them at walmart for around $240.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
If i were you i'd just get a netbook since you like things simple. You can get them at walmart for around $240.
gotta agree that actually might be a good starting point - then you can decide if you want to pursue it further
Old 10-03-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 355 Likes on 268 Posts

true, thanks alot guys

Quick Reply: carputer thoughts??