Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

AUX and CD changer

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUX and CD changer

i have been doing a lot of research around the web and on the site but i havn't quite found what i was looking for.

i know there are mods for the AUX input but i am wondering if anyone has tried setting up a switch to easily change between the aux and the cd-changer.

with the adapter son the market cd-changer functionality is lost and the AUX mod might not be the most stable solution.

just curious let me know what you guys think.

i have a 1999 Chevy Camaro M6 with a in-dash cassette and the trunk mounted 12 disc cd-changer.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deff doable, check out jason novaks post on how to splice inside the cdplayer and either do it like that or use the same jack and splice the changer wiring

it will 100% work
Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Teching In

so that way i can use both the aux port and the cd changer if i want to.

do i have to record a blank audio cd to be able to use the changer?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

not if u use the same jack that jason mentions, it cuts the cd changer audio when u plug it in, all it requres is a cd be in the changer
Old 10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

won't there be audio cross through?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

IIRC, if it is set up correctly with a switching jack (not sure what it's called), then it should completely mute the audio from the CD player/CD changer. I haven't done this so I don't know, but it should work that way in theory I think.

I think some companies like PIE or something like that make an AUX input switcher, so you could switch between the stock CD changer and whatever other aux devices you could use. I think most of them have 4 selectable inputs. I guess the only drawback to that would be that it's just another thing to mount, run wires for, and put on the dash somewhere.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

the jack is switching hence why u cut the wires and not just splice into them. as i said read jason novak post about how to do this internally on non cd changer cars and it should make some sense as to how it works