Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Is this a good setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good setup

Alright, so bear in mind that I am basically 100% retarted when it comes to car audio. I just know how to run wires to where they need to be and whatnot. Speak about ohms and Hz and whatnot and you may as well be speaking greek.

I want a good sound overall that can get stupid loud when needed/wanted.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...-P6800MP?tab=B
2 of the subs.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...TS-W303C?tab=B
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KAC7...ures_and_specs

Let me know what you guys think. Should I switch out the amp, should I get new subs, a different head unit or what. I have all of the above at the moment which I've had for about two years now. I'll be putting the subs in a hatch box that will be around 1.1 cu feet per sub.

Kee, I know you're out there, let me know what you think.

Also, I want two 12's so don't tell me to go 1 10" with a stealth box.

Last edited by DukesOfHazard; 11-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run 2 12" subs currently but they are sick subs from CDT that aren't made anymore. They make another model now that is similar but are $300.00 per sub.

As far as the TS-W303C go, I've heard mixed reviews on them. One thing that is consistant is that the cones are prone to crack and/or vibrate. These are entry level subs so be aware of that. Nothing wrong with that or anything...just don't expect alot.
The amp is fine for those subs but don't expect much more from it if you were to upgrade subwoofers.
I would say that the only weak point in the currently owned equipment is the subs. So I'd run what you have until something blows. Then replace it. At that point you've heard the system in the car and can accurately hear what needs improving and what needs to be upgraded. Alot easier to do at that point because everything is already wired up. I would recommend using a 4awg power and ground in anticipation of going bigger though so you wouldn't have to rerun anything.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Honestly, I know the subs are pretty much crap lol. My main concern is the amp being powerful enough. Once I blow the subs I plan on switching to some RF 12" punches probably, my brother had those in his diamante and they sounded freakin amazing. I am thinking about putting some tweeters in there but haven't even started looking yet.

My girlfriends dad is a woodworker and does some amazing stuff, so I'm gunna have him make me a replica subthump t-top box and store them that way.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

In that case then I would look into another amp as well. For what you have now that amp is ok but with upgraded subs it will not be enough to push them adequetely.
As far as RF subs go, I was a fan of them in the past....the older stuff...but now there are so many other products available that are much better at about or less then what you'd spend on RF. I would look at some other subs.
Where were you looking at putting tweeters? If by the subs was your thought I would not do that as the highs should be close to the front of the car by the doors or dash. Putting highs in the back of the car messes up your sound stage and draws the ear backward toward the rear of the car. You want those types of frequencies coming from the front like a concert.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh no, I'm not THAT dumb lol. I was thinking about doing them near the pillars, but I'm not that great at fabbing up stuff, so I might find some place to put em in the door, I honestly haven't thought about a place yet. As for a new amp with different speakers what would you suggest? A good setup amp and speaker combo.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

If you were going that route with new speakers and running everything off an amp I would recommend a nice 5-channel amp to run everything from. I currently run one myself. It really simplifies things running everything...doors, sails, and subs all from one solid amplifier. 5-channel amps have 2 amps in one package...a 4-channel for doors and sails with an additional sub amp (built in) that can run as much as 2 12" @ 2ohms subs no problem. Tuning is all built into the amp with all your crossover frequency adjustment on the amp.
PM me with a budget you have in mind and I can set you up with something that will be good quality all in package including wiring and everything else you'd need to install it yourself.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweet man, I'll definitely do so soon. Gotta see I'll be able to spend on it soon. I'll absolutely shoot you a PM when I'm ready.