Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Is Kee Audio gonna have a sale soon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTA1437
I have an Alpine Head unit that im getting out of my Blazer.

Would it be worth it to get the Complete CDT kit?

I know this would be best if I replaced the monsoon amp. Is there a direct plug and play upgrade amp?

Thanks
Any input Ian?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TTA1437
I have an Alpine Head unit that im getting from my Blazer.

Would it be worth it to get the Complete CDT kit?

I know this would be best if I replaced the monsoon amp. Is there a direct plug and play upgrade amp?

Thanks
The standard package I have works well with the stock Monsoon system. It will sound better with aftermarket power as would any speaker for the most part but it will work well and sound much better then stock with just the speaker upgrade and the HU upgrade. If you feel you need more power output you can always add the amp after the fact. You can use an aftermarket 5-channel amp and use it to run everything off of. Nothing aftermarket is really plug and play though so some rewiring would have to be done.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 12-01-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ArkBird96
Would it work to get the CDTs and the Bazooka subs and leave the stock rear hatch speakers in place? How would it sound? Could that be done?

I ask because my rear speakers are fine plus I don't really want to deal with those rivets back there, but my door speakers aren't sounding too good at all, and whoever owned my car before I bought it put Sony coaxial speakers in the sail panels. They give OK bass, but the one on the driver's side is buzzing like it's blown. I think the Bazooka subs would sound better.

Right now, I am driving the stock monsoon system with an Alpine IDA-X100 head unit.
Yes you can definetely do that. I do not run hatch speakers at all. The Bazookas would give WAY more bass then a set of Sony coaxials in that location off the stock amp. The doors will also sound worlds better with a nice component set in there.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

will the tweeters for the CDTs mount flush in the housing? will I have to cut the plastic?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

TTT

has anyone done this swap with the tweeters for the doors in the stock locations?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Banned

will the tweeters for the CDTs mount flush in the housing? will I have to cut the plastic?
They mount under the stock tweeter grills. You simply remove the stock tweeter from it's location and install the new tweeter in it's place. You also reuse the stock connector from the stock tweeter with the new one so that you can plug directly back into the stock harness. Everything looks like stock but sounds way better.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Banned

Here's a couple of examples. My grill felt is removed but that is not necessary.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

OK. Thanks a lot! I may be ordering these very soon! That "death rattle" coming from that bad Sony coaxial in the sail panel is driving me crazy!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Subscribing, Ian I just sent you a PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Just ordered the Basic package. Looking forward to it!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by John02Hawk
Subscribing, Ian I just sent you a PM.
You have mail!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

Just ordered the Basic package. Looking forward to it!
Order received!
Are you in College Park??!! I am at the airport Monday through Friday working my other job. If you want to meet up with me I can hand deliver them and you can hear my car if you want.
Let me know if you have time! Otherwise I will have those out later today via UPS.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

I wish I could, but I have a pretty busy week with the conclusion of a project for college Looking forward to the speakers though!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned

I wish I could, but I have a pretty busy week with the conclusion of a project for college Looking forward to the speakers though!
No problem. Another time! Getting ready to run to UPS here in a minute. Thanks again for the business!!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Here is a question for you...I have a 94 Trans Am with the factory 10 speaker system. The amp is in the sail panel so it is the one before the Monsoon. I have a Kenwood EZ700SR headunit so that part is taken care of.

Would the 4th gen F body speaker package be the best for me? I do not plan to add a sub or anything yet, it will be a ling time if I ever do. Does the 4th gen package give me room to add an amp later if I decided to add one? Also I ripped out my hatch speakers because I have a nitrous bottle back there, what price am I looking at without the hatch speakers?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by porksoda
Here is a question for you...I have a 94 Trans Am with the factory 10 speaker system. The amp is in the sail panel so it is the one before the Monsoon. I have a Kenwood EZ700SR headunit so that part is taken care of.

Would the 4th gen F body speaker package be the best for me? I do not plan to add a sub or anything yet, it will be a ling time if I ever do. Does the 4th gen package give me room to add an amp later if I decided to add one? Also I ripped out my hatch speakers because I have a nitrous bottle back there, what price am I looking at without the hatch speakers?
The standard 4th gen package would be fine with that set up. It leaves plenty of room to add a sub down the road if needed and will add a bit more bass to the stock system as the subs in the package are better then the stock ones.
As for the price without the hatch speakers it would remain the same. The reason for this is I've already discounted the package to the point where it's like getting them for free as it is and getting a $9.00 discount on the already on sale price of the other 2 sets. With the sale prices I have currently the CL-61CV comps and bazooka subs seperately would be $268.00. You get them with the JVC's in the package for $259.00. Plus free shipping.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Just sent a PM to you, Ian
Old 12-04-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Ian, I just got those speakers this afternoon and my Formula has been under the knife. I managed to get both Bazookas in the sail panels. Whoever owned that car before me really screwed up the wiring, but I managed to fix it. Those subs KICK ***!

I also managed to get one set of the CDT components in the doors. It was a real PITA getting the door panel off and back on, but I managed it. It is a bit unbalanced right now because only 1 CDT set is in (the passenger side), but that will change tomorrow morning!

One thing I did notice is there seems to be an overall lack of high-end on the system. Even with the treble turned all the way up on my Alpine HU, the treble is not as strong as it should be IMO.

That has been an issue for me long before I put the CDT set in the passenger side, but now even more so, the treble seems weak. I know that the HU drives the tweeters in the monsoon system. Is it possible that I need a HU with a bit more power to drive those tweeters a bit better?

EDIT: I know there is an Alpine product called the KTP-445 Power Pack that doubles the power output of the HU. Is this a good idea and would it give me more highs? I have a feeling all it would do would be to blow the Monsoon amp.

Overall, I like what I am hearing! I can't wait until tomorrow to finish the job!

Last edited by ArkBird96; 12-04-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
It did...just for you!! LOL!!
Thanks Really wanted to support a board sponsor over ordering direct.

Hopefully I'll have time to install these suckers as the rattling speaker is really getting on my nerves!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

Ian, I just got those speakers this afternoon and my Formula has been under the knife. I managed to get both Bazookas in the sail panels. Whoever owned that car before me really screwed up the wiring, but I managed to fix it. Those subs KICK ***!

I also managed to get one set of the CDT components in the doors. It was a real PITA getting the door panel off and back on, but I managed it. It is a bit unbalanced right now because only 1 CDT set is in (the passenger side), but that will change tomorrow morning!

One thing I did notice is there seems to be an overall lack of high-end on the system. Even with the treble turned all the way up on my Alpine HU, the treble is not as strong as it should be IMO.

That has been an issue for me long before I put the CDT set in the passenger side, but now even more so, the treble seems weak. I know that the HU drives the tweeters in the monsoon system. Is it possible that I need a HU with a bit more power to drive those tweeters a bit better?

EDIT: I know there is an Alpine product called the KTP-445 Power Pack that doubles the power output of the HU. Is this a good idea and would it give me more highs? I have a feeling all it would do would be to blow the Monsoon amp.

Overall, I like what I am hearing! I can't wait until tomorrow to finish the job!

Wait till you get them both in before you start trying to make adjustment. I've heard all kinds of different things about the speakers when half are stock and half are the new ones. Get them both in fist and then start making your adjustments on the HU. The Alpine should be ok it's just unbalanced and out of phase with those 2 different sets of speakers on each side. Let me know when they are both in and I will see what adjustments you can make with that HU.

Quick Reply: Is Kee Audio gonna have a sale soon?