Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hatch vibrations and other flapping noises

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hatch vibrations and other flapping noises

Just installed a Image Dynamics IDMax 10 with a RMS power matching Alpine PDX1.1000. This setup hits, hard. The SPL is great, and the sound quality is amazing... except for the vibration rattles.

Who here has attemped to work out these rattles? I have tracked one source to a vent on the driver's side rear cubby hole, there is a hole there that vents to the outside with a rubber flap. It opens and closes as the sound vibrates it. Anyone sealed this off?

Anyone have any luck with any other trouble spots for vibration issues? Ive been looking into sound deadening material but that wont stop the plastic on metal rattle.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my old 99 i took that flap thing completely out and i never noticed water or anything get in there, so thats an option if your willing to do so. and i also took some door molding (the stuff you put on the edges of your door to prevent dinging doors, and i wedged that under the would-be burger panel and the bumper. if you push hard enough it wedges itself in there and you cant see it at all, even if your looking for it. its hard to explain but that stopped all of the rattling for me. oh and use that molding also to put under your license plate at the bottom, it has glue on the inside, and press that onto the plate as you would the door, and it lets the plate not rest on the car, and also if you have a plate cover it doesnt rest on the plate and therefore no rattling. atleast this all worked for me. goodluck.