Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 05-20-2016, 01:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Turn signal/ brake light.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turn signal/ brake light.

I have a 2001 Tran Am and I need the turn signal/brake light socket where the light bulb plugs into for my tail lights. I was woundering if the part is the same on a Firebird or Camaro. Im asking this b/c I was going to look for the part at a junk yard and here there are more Firebirds than Trans Am's and more Camaros than Firebirds and Trans Am's!! Thanks..

Oh and if your woundering why i need the parts is for the sequential tail light mod.. Thanks again!!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

You can buy the sockets brand new for less than $10 each at most auto parts stores. You have to ask for a tail light "pigtail" because if you ask for a socket, the dumb kid behind the counter will point you to the tools section (I had that happen at three different stores). You need the right angle socket (pigtail) for the 3157 style wedge bulb although you could also use the more common 1157 style if you don't mind having a different type of bulb for the outside sections of your tail lights.

Quick Reply: Turn signal/ brake light.