Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

A few questions about REM wire, Ground wire, and amp not powering on...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few questions about REM wire, Ground wire, and amp not powering on...

My amp blew a few weeks ago, and I picked this amp up...

http://products.howstuffworks.com/bo...ier-review.htm

My old amp just had a slot for me to place the REM wire, and then I'd screw down on the wire. This amp has a metal piece that is sunken into the amp. I can't figure out how to attach the REM wire . Any help is appreciated.

By the way, where do you guys ground your amp? I just got my nitrous taken out, and the ground wire is loose. I can't figure out where it was before.

One last thing, Should my amp be powering on just with the B+ wire hooked up? Bc its not doing anything

Patrick.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Here are the directions:

http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/Ma...GT20_22Man.pdf

Page 4 for the remote (blue) wire install. Amp will not cut on without the remote wire from the head unit connected.

Ground the amp anywhere on the body frame metal. Try to find a hidden place, that you can drill into the body so you make metal to metal contact, but hide the hole if you ever remove it.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tdevil55
Here are the directions:

http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/Ma...GT20_22Man.pdf

Page 4 for the remote (blue) wire install. Amp will not cut on without the remote wire from the head unit connected.

Ground the amp anywhere on the body frame metal. Try to find a hidden place, that you can drill into the body so you make metal to metal contact, but hide the hole if you ever remove it.
I bought the amp used and wasn't aware that I could get the booklet online. My apologies for my laziness. I appreciate the help, hopefully I can get it working.

Patrick.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some common places are the seat belt bolt and the antenna bolt (depending on the location of the amp). Personally I drill my own in most cases and make sure all the paint is removed down to the metal where the screw and the wire loop make contact for a solid ground.
Make sure the ground is a short run of wire as well for best results.