Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon stereo power cuts off ... why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monsoon stereo power cuts off ... why?

This might be a completely simple issue (I'm hoping) but every now and then, when I hit a bump, my Monsoon CD player stops working and the power turns off.

I replaced the radio fuse and at night, I can see the stereo lights are still illuminated so the stereo is not losing all power but what might be causing it?

Would it be the amp? Loose connection? Any suggestions on where I shoudl check? I know nothing about stereos minus speaker selection, location and the stock amp location. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

When the radio cuts off do the power windows also stop working? There is a known problem where the solder joints in the BCM break causing intermittent power supply on the RAP circuit which powers the radio and windows. The control lighting would not be affected because it is powered by a separate circuit.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

BCM? Could you explain this? Where would I be looking to check if they are broken?
Old 12-29-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fix can be found here ->https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...lickering.html

Next time this happens, see if you can roll your windows up/down. Its a very common problem.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:35 AM
Staging Lane

my windows don't go up and down. I'll try this out but don't know what I'm going to be looking at since the pictures links are broken. Any clue / diagram of what I'm suppose to be looking for?

Thanks for the great responses guys.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

There's a newer photo highlighting the solder joints on the BCM circuit board posted on the last page of the thread.

LS1 Body Control Module Problems - The Fix

Quick Reply: Monsoon stereo power cuts off ... why?