Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

gauge backlight, foglights and console shift light out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default gauge backlight, foglights and console shift light out!

alright, so this problem started afew months back when i did some welding underneath the car we pulled the center console apart and when it went back together the console light wont come on when the headlights are on. Afew days ago i put a new kenwood head unit in my car and new door speakers, now today i get no gauge lights, well i get all warning lights and milage lights, but no backlight, and now my foglights wont work. last night we went all through my **** looking for a bad ground or a wire not getting any power cause my top wasent working, but that turned out to just be a switch. also last night we replaced the IP dimmer switch cause it was blown and it worked but today i have no back lights again and the for light issue is a new one. Please help!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I hate to state the obvious but did you check the fuses? The ones involved would be the TAIL LPS and IP DIMMER fuses (#5 and #16 respectively). Always test fuses or replace with a known good fuse because they can look fine even when they are blown.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fixed it before i ever checked for a reply, ******* fuses! i had checked the fuses the night before and only had to replace the ip dimmer fuse, then the next day when all this happened i guess somewhere inbetween the tail lamp fuse blew, cause the night before everything worked fine. i hate electrical ****.