Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Loudest camaros?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loudest camaros?

So does anyone here have a system in there car that they've tried to get decent numbers on a TermLab? I'm thinking of taking a big leap later in the year and getting an H/O Alt and bat's and pushing some serious power with some DC level 5 12's or a sub of the sort. I know the hatch design helps out a lot with SPL in our cars but I haven't really seen anything that looks serious on here. If you do, post your setup and TL numbers or predictions.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

idk if you want too loud. wont you bust out the back glass. heard about it happening but not sure if someone was just bs ing.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Few years back a good friend of mine had a T/A on his team that would pull 152+ db with 2 Kove 12's. It was a street box not just spl and it sounded amazing. He never had any issues with his hatch or Ttops either but iirc they had major grounding issues in that car. That's the loudest T/A I have seen anyways. Oh and it was on the Term Lab passenger floor board.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28bluess
idk if you want too loud. wont you bust out the back glass. heard about it happening but not sure if someone was just bs ing.
It's near impossible to bust out glass unless you're pushing some MAJOR power and only a handful of guys can pull it off.

And any pics/info on the T/A blkbird? I'd like to shoot for a goal of 150+ by the end of this year but have to figure out a setup. Two 12's hitting 152 is quite the feat..
Old 02-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Launching!

I will email my buddy and see if I can find some pics for you. I do know that it was all built into the back where the ttops go with the subs and vent facing up.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 95BlkBird
I will email my buddy and see if I can find some pics for you. I do know that it was all built into the back where the ttops go with the subs and vent facing up.
Any pics/specs on box would be much appreciated! I have a design in my head but its too cold to go out and actually determine if it'll work. I have a set of DC lvl 3's just in but after i get ready to upgrade its going to be a big upgrade, and this is my 3rd different system setup in like 8 months, can't be satisfied long enough ha.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Here's some pics from Wallstreets myspace page. I will try to get more of the build and what not.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=2310440