Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Static while using iTrip

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Static while using iTrip

Does anyone else have trouble getting a clear signal from an iTrip for an iPod. I like having my stock stereo because of the steering wheel controls but my iPod sounds like crap while using one of those FM modulators (or whatever you want to call them) that plug into a cigaret lighter. Its really frustrating since this thing was $70 and sounds like crap. Any solutions or alternatives to getting an iPod to play over the stock radio would be great. Thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

Depending on what year of car you have, there are adapters that plug into the CD changer port on the stock head unit to provide auxiliary input or even iPod-specific controls.

BTW, you don't have to lose steering wheel controls just because you install an aftermarket head unit. There are adapters for that as well.

Have a look at the Monsoon FAQ sticky - it has information about both of these questions.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out kee audio on here hes a sponsor. he has an ipod adapter that plugs into the back of your stock HU and he has a module that will controll your steering wheel controlls that also just plugs right in... good prices and good products check it out.