Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Thanks Kee Audio!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks Kee Audio!

I purchased the CL-E61CV 6.5" Component Set and CL-E6NEO Midbass Woofer from Kee Audio. Got an excellent price, and he shipped it damn quick.

Installation was a breeze. For the rear sails, I just cut off the factory connector, and used quick-disconnect crimps. For the doors, I pulled out the factory speakers, cut the wiring harness from the old speaker, used the quick-disconnect crimps for the woofer, and soldered and used heat shrink tubing for the tweeters. (sorry, didn't take pics)

For those wondering how it sounds, it is a pretty significant upgrade over the stock Delco speakers. There is definitely a lot more bass, but this is not a replacement for a sub. I use my HTC Hero with Astro Player on Android as my MP3 player ... and installed a GM9-AUX from PIE electronics for my AUX input. Some pics of that install below:

Once everything was set, it sounds amazing. There is almost no distortion even at ear bleeding volumes. It took a bit of tweaking from my AUX input to get the sound balanced correctly, and eliminate distortion. I think this plays a big part in getting the correct sound. This is also were an after market head unit has a huge advantage over the factory Monsoon HU.

Thanks again to Kee Audio, and I hope this info helps some others.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you liked the system!! Quality stuff. How suprised were you at the performance of those little NEO magnet woofers?? Those things weigh nothing but perform as good or slightly better then there counter part CL-6 with the larger magnets. I could tell when I tapped the cones on them (and you can hear a kind of thump when you do this) that they were going to perform well in this application.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Glad you liked the system!! Quality stuff. How suprised were you at the performance of those little NEO magnet woofers?? Those things weigh nothing but perform as good or slightly better then there counter part CL-6 with the larger magnets. I could tell when I tapped the cones on them (and you can hear a kind of thump when you do this) that they were going to perform well in this application.
They perform great! At first I couldn't believe how light they were ... but once installed, and during the test before the grills were put back on ... they definitely move some air!

Thanks again. I highly recommend Kee Audio for anyone looking to upgrade their audio.