Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

shit, all my stuff stolen

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
They call car alarms noise-makers, because that's all they do for people: make noise. As far as I know I'm the only person who ever reacts to car alarms, trying to see who might be getting violated. Everyone else just mopes about like it's nothing.

It sucks that you can't have a nice car, and/or a nice system and just enjoy what you've earned without having to worry about this crap. Meanwhile, people are mocking me for installing Monsoon tape decks into my 'Z and T/A, but I can guarantee that if anyone breaks into my cars it'll be for something other than a system-it's just too risky fellas...
precisely the reason i still have my stock deck. i want to upgrade but my car draws enjoy attention as it is.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lmfao a train horn?!
You sir literally made me lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96ta
precisely the reason i still have my stock deck. i want to upgrade but my car draws enjoy attention as it is.
i bought a tape player for a replacement for a while. when i'm done i'm going to rip the face off of it and use some velcro to leave it as a decoy when i leave my car. i've seen a few guys do that before.

well guys, to put you at ease, they broke in for an alternator in my back seat, not the cd player. these same guys have been breaking into cars here for 2 years, even one time they broke into the car right NEXT to mine, but never mine. so, they knew my car and looked in it plenty of times. this was the one time i left something they wanted to steal, and they found a lot of goodies while they were in there. so stock decoy deck or not, once they were in they were going to explore and find some stuff (trunk).

oh, and that's crazy about getting robbed out in the country! even crazier that you knew who it was.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Teching In

I agree alarms are noise makers. If you arent going to install a 2 way pager alarm the best solution is the placement for a siren/horn is underneath the dash. Its a pain to mount it but no one wants to sit/look inside a car that has an alarm going off inside. Think about how loud it is when you are under the hood and the alarm goes off.