Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radar Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

V1 vote here. I love mine
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
just for reference:

http://www.radarbusters.com/
http://www.radartest.com/

2 well-known sources. both place the passport at the top. as you can also see the bel's are a good option for cheaper detectors.
The only problem I have with them and we discussed this years ago on this site was that radarbusters doesn't sell V1.

Say whatever you want, but to me, it's a bias review and they favor passport. Every test they do, they say passport is number one.

The last time they said v1 was best, they weren't selling anything yet.

Because they sell passport. Ever since the site start selling detectors, in my opinion, the reviews go out the window. Food for thought.

On top of that, radartest.com falls into this same catagory.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they are the same owners.

You can't tell your readers that V1 is the best and you don't sell them. Flame away all you want.

Both those sites are biased towards what they carry. It's marketing.

But the only beam shooter in my car will be a V1, period.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Teching In

My Valentine has been excellent for helping my avoid tickets. Let's face facts our cars are cop magnets do to looks and sound and anything we can do to lower the chances of a ticket works for me. I've had a Cobra and an Excort and not as good in my experience. Another good point is that according to Valentine customer support the Valentine is undetectable in the states where radar detectors are illegal and I tried it our last time I went through Virginia by leaving on through the whole state and had absolutely no issues except picking up the cop's radar. Check it out with Valentine and see what they say for yourself. You get what you pay for and the cost of the Valentine is cheap compared to the tickets it has saved me from. Just my opinion.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Picked up a 9500ix a couple weeks back. I had lots of detectors over the last 20 years. Like most people I gave up in the mid-90's due to all the false signals.

In my area I have been hit by laser 1 time in 10 years, most cops here use radar because you don't have to hold and taget like you do with the laser, and they can also do rolling radar.

The 9500ix is amazing, both in the GPS warnings for stationary issues (red light and speed cameras) but also in locking out false signals. If you drive in an area 3 times and it's the same frequency (down to the 1000'ths) at the same location it will lock it out and you will not hear a warning from that spot again. Of course you can manually override if you want. It still sees the signal so that if it is not there it can unlock that area at the appropriate time.

I also love the "mark" button where you can mark common speed traps and get warned everytime you enter the area. Last time I got a ticket, I knew it was a trap area but I was thinking of a meeting I needed to be at and did not slow down fast enought. A little verbal reminder would have saved me the ticket.

You can also manually mark new redlight camera or speed camera locations until the database is updated.

I love the thing. Because it marks out the false signals, you are 99% sure when you hear it go off its a real catch.

You can also integrate pasports laser jammers at a later time it you want to add that on.