Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best bang for the buck

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best bang for the buck

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what setup for my fbody would best for a budget around $1200 to $1500. I already have a sub box for 10s. Just thinking what brand and stuff to go with.

Thanks
Joe
Old 06-01-2010, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airpower326
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what setup for my fbody would best for a budget around $1200 to $1500. I already have a sub box for 10s. Just thinking what brand and stuff to go with.

Thanks
Joe
Best? is probably a relative term but i would opt for a type-r alpine to fit your ten, new stereo-DD, and the best amp money can buy
Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

old school mtx amps like 2300x and a pair of jl audio w7 or w6 subs are insane
Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

i have two alpine type-e 10s in my camaro powered by a 500 watt alpine and its sick...and perfect too...id say go with an alpine headunit..preferably the cda-105 if you have an ipod...alpine mrp-m500 amp..with either two 10" alpine type-e or type-r...if you go with the type-r..get the 4ohm because you can run the sub at 4ohms or 2ohms with the jumper they provide with the sub...you might possibly have money left over..if you do i would out fit your speaker with alpine too...my camaro has a COMPLETE alpine sound system..and it sounds amazing
Old 06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

i have a kenwood screen, and a kee audio kit..it already sounds awesome without an amp..
do a multi channel so you can run everything off one amp..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by airpower326
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Joe
You could do the special I still have going for $599.00:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...y-package.html
HD-62 Special Package Deal Includes:
1 set HD-62: 6.5” component system (tweeters, midbass, and Upstage crossovers)
1 pair WS-100i: Upstage image tweeter (enhances the front stage dramatically)
1 pair HD-65NX: 6.5” NEO magnet coax rear speakers
1 HD-1000CF: Brand NEW 2010 Model 10” 500watt RMS, Carbon Fiber subwoofer
For another $149.00 you can add another 10" carbon fiber HD sub. That's well within your budget.
You could also run the whole system off a nice 5-Channel amplifer depending on what you are going for.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well depends on where you shop...... shop around and you can get a kick a$$ system for that.
I got my new 12" type r sub on ebay for less the 200$ shipped to my door. You can find quality decks on there for cheap too. shop around on ebay.... Some different models of equip. go for dirt cheap sometimes because of 2 or 3 factors...
- that seller has alot of that item and can sell for cheap (need to move it)
- competition priceing between sellers on ebay loweres the price
- to much supply for the demand (this does happen with quality stuff too)
always read the feedback rateings of sellers, and read the listing over a few times and dont miss anything.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jcurrieta
well depends on where you shop...... shop around and you can get a kick a$$ system for that.
I got my new 12" type r sub on ebay for less the 200$ shipped to my door. You can find quality decks on there for cheap too. shop around on ebay.... Some different models of equip. go for dirt cheap sometimes because of 2 or 3 factors...
- that seller has alot of that item and can sell for cheap (need to move it)
- competition priceing between sellers on ebay loweres the price
- to much supply for the demand (this does happen with quality stuff too)
always read the feedback rateings of sellers, and read the listing over a few times and dont miss anything.
I agree, there's some good deals on ebay if you are willing to do the homework.

As for Kee Audio, he's been a straight fair company; we disagree on a few things in the past but that's what makes it fun. But I don't see him steering anyone in the wrong direction.

One of the few honest companies plus a big contributor to ls1tech. I've been here awhile and he certainly has also. Keep watching him for specific stuff, he has some good deals sometime too.

Again, just need to do your homework before you buy anything.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
I agree, there's some good deals on ebay if you are willing to do the homework.

As for Kee Audio, he's been a straight fair company; we disagree on a few things in the past but that's what makes it fun. But I don't see him steering anyone in the wrong direction.

One of the few honest companies plus a big contributor to ls1tech. I've been here awhile and he certainly has also. Keep watching him for specific stuff, he has some good deals sometime too.

Again, just need to do your homework before you buy anything.
Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words and have learned from some of our debates which just helps me be more knowlegable. There are several great sources for info on here, I'm just glad I can add to some of the knowledge found here.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Thanks everyone you guys have definitely helped. I have looked at Kee audio and they seem to have some good deals I just wondering if there subs are enclosed because I'm going with the subthump box so I'm pretty much looking for 2 subs 2 or 4 components because I heard the speakers in the back seats are useless, but not sure on that. Also I good amplifier since I'm building a carpc I don't think I need to look into decks. Anyway thanks for your guys help and let me know if you guys recommend anything else. I hear diamond speakers are great.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

if you wanted an extra HD1000CF sub added to the above package I can do that as well for well below what they are supposed to retail for. Just the sub and HD-62 components are sold for $698.00. With that package you get very good CDT HD components with the new HD coaxials and the brand new HD carbon fiber sub.